Baked Alaska

Firsttimer9

I have always thought it’s more to make a big deal out of dinner (introduce staff, etc) to subtly remind passengers that the waitstaff deserves to be tipped. I agree it’s a bit of a sham and annoying in anytime dining.
Of course the CD or whoever gets on the microphone to announce and introduce the Maitre'D, Head Waters and the Parade of Chefs with ye olde plastic Alaska is just trying to get pax to loosen up their wallets for some big tipping.

Just part of the Princess show. Just come 'Come Back New' and don't eat the plastic Alaska.:rolleyes:

Wow. I can't believe the number of people who turn up their noses to a fun assistant waiter parade, cake, and ice cream. Sure, it may not be as it was, but it is something those that didn't cruise years ago can enjoy. Enjoy the ride.

Why not pass it by when you can order your own sundae with any toppings and not have all they creamy stuff that goes with it?

It might impress the newbies aboard the ship but does nothing for my wife & I except add another 15 minutes to the meal.

Really people, I know this is about that plastic baked Alaska but not one person mentioned "The Volcano". It's on the kids menu but worth getting if you have a real sweet tooth. Get it every night.

framer

Bunch of seagulls on this thread when all the OP asked was what night they serve it;p;p

excitement, pending with a possible Chip and Dales baked Alaska show ....

--

--

bwaa haaa ...ha!