Card charges

Cwolfe88

Dear Cwolfe88,

Yees all the time.

You do want to get a printed copy as well at different times at the pursers desk too. Cheking your basis is vital as they sure do make mistakes.

Corrections when not in the LONG LINE is a benefit. So when passing by stop , seek, and print it.

Payment is collected as a posted credit upon departure or your folio reaching a specific account balance.

An authorization will be placed on your card at the time of your arrival for an estimate of any incidentals with supplemental authorizations taken throughout the cruise based on your onboard spending patterns. This will make the funds temporarily unavailable to you.

Hotels operate the same way.

You don't have to wait in line to watch the charges on your account.

You can see them on the tv in your cabin and there are kiosks around the ship where you can also check your account. I agree that at the end you can get a print out but you don't need one ever day as you go along.

I put a credit card down when I board. It's much easier than cash to me. Then the last night just before I retire for the night I go and pay off my balance with cash before they charge my card. If you want the charge made to your card then you dont have to do anything. They will charge it and slip a receipt under your door or in your mailbox by your door.

How the S&S account is handled depends on what funding method you used. As above posters have described credit/debit card usage, I'll tell you about your other option.

With a cash account , regardless if it is funded with actual cash, OBC, Cruise Cash, Carnival gift cards, traveler's cheques, or a combination of any of these, the onboard account will be treated similar to a pre-funded debit or expense account. Not enough balance available, no power to purchase, until more funding or a credit/debit card is attached to the folio as back-up.