Same AzAmazing Evening on consecutive cruises!

Baynanno1

Having done over 20 Azamara cruises, mostly B2B because of the distance from "down under", I am more than a little upset to have had confirmed by Bonnie that the AzAmazing Evening will be the same on two of our three upcoming cruises. Never before has this occurred where we have called at the same port on consecutive cruises.

29 September Cruise AzAmazing Evening was to be An Ice Show at the Palais du Pharo, Marseille, but has been changed to An Operatic Evening at the Goldoni Theatre, Livorno.

6 October Cruise AzAmazing Evening is An Operatic Evening at the Goldoni Theatre, Livorno.

15 October Cruise was also changed, but as we will not be in Livorno on that cruise it cannot be the same. It was changed from An Evening with the Choir dels Blauets at the Royal Convent of Sant Francesc, Palma de Mallorca, to An Evening at the Hemisferic in Valencia, which sounds quite interesting, as did the Ice Show.

It does surprise me more than a little that any AzAmazing evening would be scheduled for a day where there are numerous long excursions to Florence, Lucca and Pisa!

You will absolutely love Hemisferic in Valenica. Probably the best we've ever done. Your situation sounds familiar as we too are coming from Australia and most often do back to back and often the Azamazng evening is a repeat due to a number of logistical reasons. In 2013 when they first started with the evenings we doubled up on the Jaques Cousteau oceanographic museum in Monaco on subsequent cruises. That cured my annoyance at a repetition as I felt I couldn't deny any one a special visit to such a special place. These days we now skip the second one if repeated on a b2b (and it wasn't our thing) and head to prime c or Aqualina in which the attention and service goes up another notch due to number of guests onboard. On our upcoming b2b we've done one of the AzAmazng evenings before (and it happens to be my birthday) so we'll probably try to find an alternative.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having done over 20 Azamara cruises, mostly B2B because of the distance from "down under", I am more than a little upset to have had confirmed by Bonnie that the AzAmazing Evening will be the same on two of our three upcoming cruises. Never before has this occurred where we have called at the same port on consecutive cruises.

29 September Cruise AzAmazing Evening was to be An Ice Show at the Palais du Pharo, Marseille, but has been changed to An Operatic Evening at the Goldoni Theatre, Livorno.

6 October Cruise AzAmazing Evening is An Operatic Evening at the Goldoni Theatre, Livorno.

15 October Cruise was also changed, but as we will not be in Livorno on that cruise it cannot be the same. It was changed from An Evening with the Choir dels Blauets at the Royal Convent of Sant Francesc, Palma de Mallorca, to An Evening at the Hemisferic in Valencia, which sounds quite interesting, as did the Ice Show.

It does surprise me more than a little that any AzAmazing evening would be scheduled for a day where there are numerous long excursions to Florence, Lucca and Pisa!

We were on the ship’s long excursion to Florence/Pisa this past June and we were back in plenty of time to attend the operatic evening in Livorno. If memory serves, the Evening started a little later than others we have attended.

It was highly enjoyable.

Are both Evenings showcasing sopranos or are tenors performing at one of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s happened to me too, but I understand that depending upon itineraries and availability of the Azamazing evenings at the ports you call at and indeed the venues themselves it is a possibility. The ones in Livorno are very good. I have seen the three male tenors there as well as four female sopranos. Both excellent.

You know the answer Trish? Don’t cruise so flippin much!:D

Phil

That’s happened to me too, but I understand that depending upon itineraries and availability of the Azamazing evenings at the ports you call at and indeed the venues themselves it is a possibility. The ones in Livorno are very good. I have seen the three male tenors there as well as four female sopranos. Both excellent.

You know the answer Trish? Don’t cruise so flippin much!:D

Phil

Well, seems we have been lucky previously with no duplication of AzAmazing Evenings on B2B cruises.

The duplication wouldn't have been so bad had it not been the result of canning the Ice Show at Palais du Pharo, Marseille very recently.

Tenors I would definitely enjoy.

"Don’t cruise so flippin much!:D " . . . who me :D

I would love to find out more about your Galapagos Cruise Phil.

Trish

Yes - we too simply head to Prime C or Aqualina - why deny other guests such a fabulous Azamazing Evening just because we have seen and done it before? ...... We just enjoy staying on-board and having a wonderfully quiet evening with our Azamara family. Love it!

I seem to have set the cat among the pigeons with this thread and stand corrected on my assumption that the same Azamazing Evening has not been held on consecutive cruises previously. I now consider myself lucky to have missed any duplication on previous cruises.

Perhaps I should have worded the post differently and as I responded in a previous post, "The duplication wouldn't have been so bad had it not been the result of canning the Ice Show at Palais du Pharo, Marseille very recently."

Trish, email me at excitedofharpenden at yahoo dot co dot uk. I'll try and give some details. Also Host Anne did a great review on the Celebrity board. It's currently on page 1 or 2. Worth a read, but if do a smaller boat having seen the place v

Phil

Thanks Phil. :)

I saw the ice show in Marseille the first time Azamara offered that evening. Let me say that everyone who saw it (including the cruise director) will agree with me that you are better off going to the same AzAmazing Evening twice in a row than seeing the ice show. It's a testament to the line wanting to offer good experiences to its guests that they canned that show. ;)

That said, I totally understand your frustration with the change.

I saw the ice show in Marseille the first time Azamara offered that evening. Let me say that everyone who saw it (including the cruise director) will agree with me that you are better off going to the same AzAmazing Evening twice in a row than seeing the ice show. It's a testament to the line wanting to offer good experiences to its guests that they canned that show. ;)

That said, I totally understand your frustration with the change.

Thanks for that! You have made me feel a bit less frustrated. :)

Being a champion skater, I should imagine Eric would be hypercritical of a production that was not up to scratch.

I saw the ice show in Marseille the first time Azamara offered that evening..

Thanks so much for your comments.

I’m wondering, how did the ice show in Marseilles attempt to fulfil the Azamazing goal of reflecting local culture.

Some AzAmazing evenings are a bit more miss than hit than others. I too would prefer to see more local culture than ice skating or gymnastics. My last cruise involved a performance by Ana Rucner in old town Dubrovnik. Friends on the following cruise had the very same AzAmazing evening a few nights ago. A couple on the same cruise who had backed to backed with ours thus had the same evening twice! However, they didn’t seem too concerned as they had seen the same performer 6 times over the years! She must be good is all I can say. There is no doubt though that they are well organised and our experience diminished without them.

We were on the ship’s long excursion to Florence/Pisa this past June and we were back in plenty of time to attend the operatic evening in Livorno. If memory serves, the Evening started a little later than others we have attended.

It was highly enjoyable.

Are both Evenings showcasing sopranos or are tenors performing at one of them?

Good to hear. We will be going to Florence for the day on Oct 31 and then going to the Livorno opera house that evening. How was the opera?

Good to hear. We will be going to Florence for the day on Oct 31 and then going to the Livorno opera house that evening. How was the opera?

We really enjoyed the performance although initially we (notably my wife) were disappointed that it would not be the three tenors.

However, of the 11 selections and medleys perhaps only 3 would, I think, be considered of the opera genre.

The rest of the programme was generally of a more modern origin including “Careless Whisper”, “What a Feeling”, and a medley of Italian songs.

They finished with a rousing ABBA tribute.

I only offer these details lest attendees expect more attention to opera and thus might be disappointed.

Thanks for posting the programme.

I may now change my mind about staying on board for the evening. :)

Glad the programme helped.

And thank you for spurring me to once again attempt to post photos on this board. Remarkably the attempt was successful.

Moreover, revisiting the programme has led us to reconsider returning to the theatre this October.

Glad the programme helped.

And thank you for spurring me to once again attempt to post photos on this board. Remarkably the attempt was successful.

Moreover, revisiting the programme has led us to reconsider returning to the theatre this October.

Sounds like it was a really good evening! :)