ALLURE // LIVE REVIEW / Sept. 2-9 Sail Away With Meee?

Great report...so much fun to read. We are traveling with 19 family members next June. Can you imagine a group of this size in Chops? The group has 9 children ages 9 to 18 and 10 adults. We all have 1 free dinner included from our TA. Whaddaya think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I bet most people would say you’re crazy if you tried to do a reservation for 19, but I say 12494% go for it. It will be tight, but you pay just as much $ as the next person to be on that boat, so what can they say... no?

And if they do say no - when we were in Samba Grill, there was a wedding party of 30 people that they accommodated. It was beautiful! It’s inside the Solarium Bistro so there was plenty of space. The sun was setting. It’s unlimited food. This might be a good option. :)

Where did you get that corndog? It looked amazing and I must know lol

Wind Jammer! And it was! Just like the frozen ones out of the box they sell in the US. [emoji23] (I’m not joking, it was actually really good and I do like corn dogs that come from boxes).

Thanks again for a wonderfully entertaining review!

I do have one question - the Quest? What happens at the Quest stays at the Quest :cool: ... BUT - did you go? If you’ve never been to one, you must try it on one of your future cruises - some say alcohol enhances the experience.

~ Judy

Thanks again for a wonderfully entertaining review!

I do have one question - the Quest? What happens at the Quest stays at the Quest :cool: ... BUT - did you go? If you’ve never been to one, you must try it on one of your future cruises - some say alcohol enhances the experience.

~ Judy

The Quest! I have not been, but it's on my bucket list to attend next time. That specific night, I can't remember what we had planned... but it was important. I think. Maybe. I wanna partake next time! I hear it is an absolute blast, woot! I get so excited on cruises because there is 3499495 things I want to do, and my brain can't handle all 3499495, so I only ever end up doing 2 of the things and it is sad. Boo.

Thank you so much for taking us along on your family's cruise. I really enjoyed your writing style.

Thanks again,

Hi, friend! Thanks for following along! I'm glad you enjoyed. :)

saw a royal genie while he was getting onto the elevator

no idea what his name is but he’s tall and blonde

i asked him if he’s a genie

he said “yes ma’am,” and then got on the elevator and walked out of my life

it’s the closest i’ll ever be to a genie

“A” later said that she wishes she could rub his magical lamp

i told her to shhhhh that he’s not a real genie so he doesn’t have a lamp duah

what does she think this is, aladdin??

Your genie story from last night completely cracked me up [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I am so happy that you and hubby had a fantastic time aboard Allure, thank you for sharing your experience with us :)

(Go Rays!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meg, thanks so much for sharing your family vacation. It was very entertaining, you did a great job!

I was thinking that you were going to have a terrible hangover today but you woke up very early not hungover! Good on you!

I will watch for your next one!

Thanks!

Aww, thanks so much for following along! I googled "when do you start getting hangovers" and it seems the consensus is mid-20's, so we're almost there! I'm almost a reallll adult! Haha.

And woot, I'll look out for you too! Trying to squeak a live in between now and Alaska, but who knows. We'll see what the cruise gods have in mind. :)

Your genie story from last night completely cracked me up [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I am so happy that you and hubby had a fantastic time aboard Allure, thank you for sharing your experience with us :)

(Go Rays!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOOOOL I didn't even remember until you brought it up. Proud moments here. What I didn't mention was that my FIL shared an elevator with him right after all of that was said. FIL said that he asked the genie if he ever gets repeat/B2B cruisers and the genie said that he has never had anyone B2B cruise in star class. FIL asked why and sir genie said "it's not about the money, it's that they don't have the time". I'm sure there was more to the conversation but I cannot rememberrrr. Thanks so much for following along! :)

ALSO - GO RAYS! WOOT! *rings cowbell*

Also, can we talk about how the University of Kentucky beat the University of Florida yesterday for the first time in....what is it, 32 years? *gasp*

I began undergrad at UK and eventually transferred to USF, but I’m definitely a UF > FSU kinda human, so this is very conflicting for me.

On this note... I'm a HUGE Mississippi State fan (my nephew plays football for them) and not a UK fan but I was cheering my BUTT off for them to take Mullen down... No offense to the Gators but...

On another note... I have thoroughly enjoyed your Live Review this past week! We sail in 33 days and I'm so excited to get to experience this ship for myself!!! Thanks!

On this note... I'm a HUGE Mississippi State fan (my nephew plays football for them) and not a UK fan but I was cheering my BUTT off for them to take Mullen down... No offense to the Gators but...

On another note... I have thoroughly enjoyed your Live Review this past week! We sail in 33 days and I'm so excited to get to experience this ship for myself!!! Thanks!

I honestly didn't really care who won. I think it's fantastic, though, that UK has finally broken the 30+ year streak. Good for them! I was in Lexington in 2014/15 when they *almost* beat UF and it was a RIOT then... can't even imagine how big they celebrated with the actual win. :o

Yay, 33 days! You're in the home stretch. Thanks so much for following along! :)

Enjoying your review. We will be boarding in less than 2 weeks with the same itinerary so following closely!

If you booked the Radiance for 8/30/19 (as your signature says) then you will be sailing with our good friends Bill and Christy. Bill is the master private excursion organizer - best I have ever met. If you are sailing with him and he offers private excursions that interest you, jump at them. They are amazing, inexpensive and Bill is super organized. They will fill up quickly.

Hi Lee And Petra!

I'm getting caught up on this live blog my good friend Nancy told me about while we were on the Allure! So sorry we missed you and Petra by 2 weeks! Our weather was perfect after we got on board! We never got a chance to meet Meg. We had 28 people on our Aqua theater suite for sailaway! I'm so sorry we missed them! Wish all you guys and Meg were up there too! The deck is certainly ginormous! Still can't believe the price over a holiday week! Too good to be true for sure! Loved Barefoot Beach Club, Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen and reserved seating at shows on my all time favorite ship! This was our 3rd time with the third cast of Mama Mia and had a new phenomenal experience all over again! You guys will love it!

We booked another Anthem cruise for May 23rd for 9 days in case the huge rumor is true about the Anthem repositioning to Southhampton in the nearer future. Wanted to go to Bermuda again on a larger ship and definitely wanted to see Will Will Rock You Again Also!

I know you will enjoy the Allure! Bill really loved all the doughnuts on Boardwalk! He brought me back the key lime one! It was too die for!

A big Hello!

Michelle and Bill

Wheeeee, thanks so much for following along! Feel free to exit the train to your left. :p

Hi Meg!

I'm so happy you and your husband loved your JS Hump Balcony room! I wish we had met! That is a real bummer for sure. We stayed in a JS on Harmony but not a hump! I'm so happy for you both! Did you guys get a chance to eat in Coastal Kitchen? We weren't in love with the first comedian either but like you said the second guy was hilarious! We really loved Mama Mia also! I'm so glad our good friend Nancy let met know part way through the cruise that you were live blogging! That was so great you had so many family members on board!

We are going on the Halloween sailing on Oasis on October 28th staying in a JS not an Aqua Theater suite! Ha! I've always wanted to cruise over Halloween and I've heard they put on quite the parties!

Maybe you guys could join?

Hopefully our paths will meet on another cruise very soon!

Michelle and Bill

Hi Meg!

I'm so happy you and your husband loved your JS Hump Balcony room! I wish we had met! That is a real bummer for sure. We stayed in a JS on Harmony but not a hump! I'm so happy for you both! Did you guys get a chance to eat in Coastal Kitchen? We weren't in love with the first comedian either but like you said the second guy was hilarious! We really loved Mama Mia also! I'm so glad our good friend Nancy let met know part way through the cruise that you were live blogging! That was so great you had so many family members on board!

We are going on the Halloween sailing on Oasis on October 28th staying in a JS not an Aqua Theater suite! Ha! I've always wanted to cruise over Halloween and I've heard they put on quite the parties!

Maybe you guys could join?

Hopefully our paths will meet on another cruise very soon!

Michelle and Bill

Hello Michelle and Bill! *waves* I wish we had met too! We did not - unfortunately - get to eat in CK. We tried calling several times to make reservations and no one ever picked up! We also walked all the way up there to try to book in person, but since our cards did not allow access, we could not get in to ask! Boo.

We really had a fabulous time with the family members. So much so that we’re all cruising to Alaska next year together! Woot!

Oh man, we would LOVE to be on a Halloween cruise. Unfortunately, I’ll be off galavanting in Europe for work for awhile, and it’ll be over Halloween. Boo. Maybe next year?!

I hope we get to cruise together soon, too! Have an awesome week, you two! [emoji4]

- Megan