Renewal of vows

Newmrsvega

Just had email from Carnival on this. I've attached their prices. The email also mentioned they were offering 10% off as promotion.

https://www.carnival.com/wedding-cruises/wedding-planning/renewal-of-vows.aspx

We renewed our Vows several years ago for our 25th "Cruisaverssary". Or rather we had a "renewal of vowels" as per the charge on our sign and sail. Lol065893515ecf5e467cb54697363662a0.jpg569ca5090c86994f08ff18cde02a8f64.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Edited by bobandsherry

We've already renewed (married 53 years), but if we were to do it again we'd think about doing it at one of the ports, with a friend officiating. We'll never forget a renewal we watched while at a Mexican beach in 2011. If you'd care to check it out, look at pictures 182-187 in our cruise photo album. Just click on the link below, hold your cursor over a picture and it will give you the picture number, if you want to see the pictures larger, click on them and then use the "forward arrow" to proceed. Best wishes!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjtR7j9w

Holy, moly, that's expensive. For me, anyway. I'll just hope my vows have no expiration. So far, so good. ;)

Yeah, ours were "until death do us part" so unless one of us codes and is brought back, I feel like we are covered. ;)

Holy, moly, that's expensive. For me, anyway. I'll just hope my vows have no expiration. So far, so good. ;)

I thought so, too. I looked into it when we were discussing celebrating our 50th onboard with our family in April 2020. Just too much for us. Hell, on our retirement budget, an inside cabin is the most we can swing. We decided that since the actual anniversary is the month before, we will just go to the JP that married us 50 years ago, and renew our vows, just the two of us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are renewing our marriage vows next month in St. Thomas - there on the beach at Megans Bay where we were married 20 years ago. We promised ourselves back then that we would return to the same spot every 10 years and renew our vows. 10 years ago we went back there and did a ceremony with just the two of us. This time we contacted a local minister of our faith who is arranging things and will conduct the ceremony. It will cost a few bucks, but such a special occasion will be worth it. We have a great marriage, and a renewal of vows ceremony just keep putting more icing on the cake. You can guess, we highly recommend it - whether it's on the ship or in one of the ports.

DH and I renewed our vows on a Holland America ship a few years ago and it was lovely. It took place in a small, charming room with live music, champagne, appetizers, flowers, and a photographer. The Captain performed the ceremony and stayed to chat with us afterwards. We received a beautiful wedding book and photos from the event. We paid $150 for this memorable event. I can't imagine spending $825, let alone $1450, for Carnival's vow renewal and have it be any better than what we experienced on Holland America.

Way back when...when we cruised on the Norway, my late wife participated in a renewal of vows ceremony conducted by the chaplain on the ship. We did it as a group with maybe 10 or 12 couples showing up in one of the ball rooms. It wasn't private or elegant with all the frills, but it was free and had a special meaning to those of us who participated. A very nice gesture on the part of the cruise line and the chaplain they had invited on the cruise. They gave us personalized vow renewal certificates signed and dated by the chaplain. Most of us reached in our pockets afterwards, went up and thanked him and slipped a $20. Not sure, but from the sound of it cruise lines today likely not to offer such these days. Anybody know for sure?

We've already renewed (married 53 years), but if we were to do it again we'd think about doing it at one of the ports, with a friend officiating. We'll never forget a renewal we watched while at a Mexican beach in 2011. If you'd care to check it out, look at pictures 182-187 in our cruise photo album. Just click on the link below, hold your cursor over a picture and it will give you the picture number, if you want to see the pictures larger, click on them and then use the "forward arrow" to proceed. Best wishes!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjtR7j9w

This is what my husband and I are doing for our 25th! We are bringing our own officiant and doing it on Catalina Island with all the kids. My neices husband is going to officiate!

Surprising to see the cost that Carnival charges for vow renewal celebrations.

Seems to be a money making situation.

As a friend of mine said regarding vow renewal -“ I do that every time I do his laundry and cook dinner.”

It has worked for them, they will celebrate their 42nd anniversary this October.

Surprising to see the cost that Carnival charges for vow renewal celebrations.

Seems to be a money making situation.

As a friend of mine said regarding vow renewal -“ I do that every time I do his laundry and cook dinner.”

It has worked for them, they will celebrate their 42nd anniversary this October.

Must be popular as Carnival has basically doubled the cost from when we did our Vow Renewal 10 years ago. Not really much cost for them, as shareholder I applaud that. [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk