Dawn itinerary change to Canada/New England

shof515

Yes, with the itinerary change, activities & staffing requirements will certainly need to be adjusted. But, in my world, passengers wouldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Day 1 should be the same & the other changes necessary should be easy to implement. Department Managers should already have everything in place to make the transition seamless to passengers & as easy as possible for the crew to implement.

An itinerary change is not unexpected during hurricane season. Every ship should have a recovery plan in place.

I am sure most passengers didn't notice anything different.

One of the department managers is a friend from prior cruises and I asked questions. I've personally worked in a management position which sometimes required quick staffing changes to accommodate a short notice change. I certainly didn't mean to imply the crew was complaining. As usual, they make everything look like a seamless transition. And yes, they did mention they would just be moving on to the new itinerary earlier. This particular manager is usually up most of the night prepping for closing out the current cruise and moving on to the new one. I admire the work she handles with a smile.

Certainly you jest this into a LOL matter - aye matey dress code in Halifax but a whole nother matter on ship Le Bistro !

Only if you wear short kilts like I do - my summer hem length kilt was frowned on by one of the female greeters

at the Halifax cruise terminal (she was wearing an ankle length kilted skirt) - after a serious talk turned jokingly

into about wearing kilts year round in the northern parts of Canada and the USA if you are comfortable going

about that way go for it - so be it with shorts. Kind a keep an eye out for foul weather wind driven chills factors

are in the same vein as sunburned gams - not user friendly.

In any event be prepared with suitable cover if necessary !

Duly noted.

Thank you!

Just wondering if Bermuda shorts are considered indecent exposure in Halifax at this time of the year. ;)
Weather can hit well into the 70's in September, so doubt it. We have some who where boarder shorts well into February and don't give up their sandals until their toes near fall off with cold. I shake my head when I see them at the bus stops, but it isn't considered indecent...just foolhardy. You will not be alone wearing shorts in September.

The Norwegian Dawn made the Canadian National news tonight about being diverted from Bermuda. We usually sail with Princess. We are booked on the Dawn Oct. 5 th.. When I booked I understand it's hurricane season. Safety comes first. When we were delayed in Southampton for 2.5 days and ended up missing 3 ports. Princess gave us ( to our surprise) 50 percent off our next cruise. We thought that was a great gesture on their part. Mother Nature is in charge.

Ciao

Ollie

The Norwegian Dawn made the Canadian National news tonight about being diverted from Bermuda. We usually sail with Princess. We are booked on the Dawn Oct. 5 th.. When I booked I understand it's hurricane season. Safety comes first. When we were delayed in Southampton for 2.5 days and ended up missing 3 ports. Princess gave us ( to our surprise) 50 percent off our next cruise. We thought that was a great gesture on their part. Mother Nature is in charge.

Ciao

Ollie

that was a good gesture. Normally nothing other than port charge refunds are offered, but when it is 3 ports and 2 plus days delayed it is a slightly different situation. I wonder what other lines would do if that were to happen. It is very unusual to say the least.

no it is not "very unusual". On NCL perhaps, but not in the industry. Case in point, look at other lines this week on the US east coast.

I think you totally misunderstood when I said "very unusual" I was referring to being stuck 2 plus days in port, not whether there should or would be any compensation. :rolleyes: