Cocktails in spa?

1964IceCreamLady

I would not want one of the colorful fruity drinks spilled in the spa or pool regardless of the type of glass. I would guess that the pool would need be shutdown and drained. I have seen folks with drinks in the "wading pool" on the aft end of the Rotterdam. My wife saw broken glass in there so we never used it. That entire mess on the aft end of the Rotterdam is a disaster and total waste of space. Have they ever removed the big screen and was never turned on during out 30 days on board a couple of year ago?

I have searched the board and can't seem to find this question or answer :)

Are cocktails allowed in the spa area?

(I am assuming no glass anywhere by hydropool, so yes I understand plastic-ware probably required)

Sailing on Koningsdam for Christmas.

I have seen people bring drinks into the hydro pool area in plastic cups and the attendants did not stop them. However, I do not know what the actual rule is (HAL is not big on enforcing certain things).

Copper, on our last Zaadam cruise to Alaska I smelled marijauna smoke on the small aft deck area -Navigation Deck coming from a 30-something couple bundled up on the loungers. I live in California - I know the smell. I gave them the stinky eye as I went up the aft stairway to the Lido. They knew I saw them.

No smoking is rule obviously in this deck area, and I assume no pot smoking anywhere it an absolute requirement.

They were gone when we came back down that staircase and I thought I saw a lot of officers going up and down in that area after that. But maybe that is their routine route.

What should a passenger do in a situation like that, and if caught in the act what would (or did) happen to those passengers.

All interesting answers- thank you for your time.

I myself don’t care for smoking- cigars, cigarettes, or wacky tobakky- but it doesn’t shut down a pool like poop or glass, so I won’t complain about those habits too much. :)

I posted generally out of curiosity. I couldn’t find any post about it, or anything on HAL’s Know Before You Go. I am considering a spa pass, and started fantasizing about lying on a thermal bed, gazing at the ocean, catching up with my girlie, and sipping on... champagne? Also considering a Beverage Package, so it’d be nice to get a bevie or two if I choose to get both.

Edited by 1964IceCreamLady

Copper, on our last Zaadam cruise to Alaska I smelled marijauna smoke on the small aft deck area -Navigation Deck coming from a 30-something couple bundled up on the loungers. I live in California - I know the smell. I gave them the stinky eye as I went up the aft stairway to the Lido. They knew I saw them.

No smoking is rule obviously in this deck area, and I assume no pot smoking anywhere it an absolute requirement.

They were gone when we came back down that staircase and I thought I saw a lot of officers going up and down in that area after that. But maybe that is their routine route.

What should a passenger do in a situation like that, and if caught in the act what would (or did) happen to those passengers.

In that type of situation, Old Salt. it is recommended that you pick up a house (or your cabin) phone and call (and/or walk to) Guest Services and report your observation (a phone call will allow you to remain anonymous if you so desire, like some folks wish). Ship's security will be called to investigate and, if located, will warn the possessors/users plus confiscate the weed/joint(s). There have been instances of HAL housekeeping staff entering staterooms for the purposes of cleaning the room and finding Marijuana in plain view on a coffee table and/or night stand. Staff has been instructed to notify their supervisor as well as ship's security under those circumstances

Contrary to what some think after several states legalized Marijuana usage, the possession (there are limits on how much) and consumption of any Marijuana (irregardless of the amount and including Cannabis used for medical reasons) is not allowed on HAL ships under company rules, as well as under U.S. Federal law.

In addition, foreign countries the ship will be heading to, and that includes our neighbors Canada and Mexico, have their own laws as to Marijuana possession/usage, should the possessors/owners of said Cannabis chose to set foot on their federal territory

Hope that answers your question

I saw cocktails/beverages in the hot tubs on Koningsdam last November. Whether it was allowed or not, I cannot say, and whether they were asked to remove them, I am not sure.

PLEASE say they used plastic glass. Irresponsib le to use glass.