Wine Package Question

SilvertoGold

Will be purchasing one of the 3 wine packages once on the ship. Likely #2.

Is it OK to ask for one bottle from package #1 (sort of a downgrade)?

Never wanted to do this in the past, but there is one wine in #1 that we would like to try, without having to buy the package.

Thanks for help with this.

I've never done that, but I don't think it would be a problem. We have always found them to be very helpful.

On our last cruise we really liked a wine in our package 2, but late in the cruise they were out of it and the wine steward substituted a bottle from the higher level, package 3.

Ask your wine steward - never hurts to ask.

Silver, the wine steward told me we could do that on our last cruise. We were ordering 2 different wine packages and the wine steward looked perplexed. I explained I liked one white in one package and she told me if we had wanted we could just order the one package (the more expensive one) and I could have a bottle from the lesser package.

I would just ask when you place your order. I would think most would have the attitude my steward did with the bottle being a more inexpensive variety.

Thanks to Daisy, kazu, POA1 and Venn! Much appreciated.

The inconsistency is soooo HAL. Hope we get someone reasonable and we'll ask about doing this. I can't see what the problem would be except to sell out of a very popular wine that everyone wants in spite of the package they have.

More than once, we have asked for something from the lesser cost package. When HAL went form the Navigator and Admiral packages, there were still some of those bottles available that weren't listed anywhere on the new packages. Our wine steward was pleasant when he brought them out to us.

Jim