Cruise Critic Community
sddsddean

Dubai question for Anne (Jayayeff)

But Costa diadema will be traveling between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi and Dubai multiple times from 19th October onwards

14 hours ago, drsel said:

But Costa diadema will be traveling between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi and Dubai multiple times from 19th October onwards

That may be the plan but I can assure you that at the present time nobody can move freely between Dubai and Abu Dhabi and nobody other than UAE Nationals or UAE residence visa holders can fly into Abu Dhabi..  I live in Dubai and haven't been able to travel to Abu Dhabi since Covid-19 travel restrictions were put in place... As of today's date there has been no announcement as to when those restrictions will be lifted... I don't know what other ports are on those itineraries but Oman (Muscat) and Qatar (Doha) are also still both closed to visitors...

Anne..

OMG I just paid the final payment for my 2 Cruises on 19th and 23rd October from Abu Dhabi round trips

Costa diadema is scheduled to leave Italy in September and arrive at Abu Dhabi on 19th October

On 9/2/2020 at 7:39 PM, drsel said:

Costa diadema is scheduled to leave Italy in September and arrive at Abu Dhabi on 19th October

I saw this online yesterday - no mention of Costa and sounds as though they are looking at a season start date of December...🤔🤔

https://cruisearabiaonline.com/2020/09/05/abu-dhabi-tourist-safe-zone-may-be-used-as-model-for-cruise-tourism-amid-covid-19/

Anne...

Thanks Anne for all your help and advice.

today Costa has removed all the 2020 Dubai and Abu Dhabi sailings from their websites

On 9/12/2020 at 6:02 PM, drsel said:

Thanks Anne for all your help and advice.

today Costa has removed all the 2020 Dubai and Abu Dhabi sailings from their websites

I saw this online today - Dubai port will reopen to cruise ships from the end of October but not seen anything yet on any other UAE ports...

https://gulfnews.com/business/tourism/after-covid-19-global-cruise-lines-will-once-again-arrive-at-dubai-port-by-late-october-1.1600314367697?fbclid=IwAR0BS069usPy9C7bbag0jrw3WaUt-DL0hkOYl_RG1IHeetCpBxOw5jyukgM

Anne..

I saw this online today - Dubai port will reopen to cruise ships from the end of October but not seen anything yet on any other UAE ports...

https://gulfnews.com/business/tourism/after-covid-19-global-cruise-lines-will-once-again-arrive-at-dubai-port-by-late-october-1.1600314367697?fbclid=IwAR0BS069usPy9C7bbag0jrw3WaUt-DL0hkOYl_RG1IHeetCpBxOw5jyukgM

Anne..
They did not specify the exact date in October.
It could be 20 October or 30 October.
Because Costa Diadema was scheduled to arrive in Dubai on 20 October 2020.

I have not yet received any cancellation notice of the Abu Dhabi round trip Cruises from Costa

On 9/17/2020 at 4:46 AM, Jayayeff said:

Anne..

I notice part of new safety protocol mentioned in the article says denying boarding to those over 70.- bummer!

I notice part of new safety protocol mentioned in the article says denying boarding to those over 70.- bummer!
And most Cruisers are over 70 years

I saw this online today - Dubai port will reopen to cruise ships from the end of October but not seen anything yet on any other UAE ports...  https://gulfnews.com/business/tourism/after-covid-19-global-cruise-lines-will-once-again-arrive-at-dubai-port-by-late-october-1.1600314367697?fbclid=IwAR0BS069usPy9C7bbag0jrw3WaUt-DL0hkOYl_RG1IHeetCpBxOw5jyukgM   Anne..  

I got my cancellation emails and decided to book a repositioning Cruise from Abu Dhabi to Europe in 2022, along with some friends, who need a visa for UAE.       

The Cruise departs from Abu Dhabi straight to Doha, then Muscat, Salalah, Suez canal, Haifa, Athens, etc.

After departure from Abu Dhabi, it does not return to any port in UAE.

so will a single entry UAE visa suffice for my friends?

For round trip Dubai or Abu Dhabi Cruises, they need a multiple entry Cruise ship visa (MSV) for UAE.

7 hours ago, drsel said:

I got my cancellation emails and decided to book a repositioning Cruise from Abu Dhabi to Europe in 2022, along with some friends, who need a visa for UAE.       

The Cruise departs from Abu Dhabi straight to Doha, then Muscat, Salalah, Suez canal, Haifa, Athens, etc.

After departure from Abu Dhabi, it does not return to any port in UAE.

so will a single entry UAE visa suffice for my friends?

For round trip Dubai or Abu Dhabi Cruises, they need a multiple entry Cruise ship visa (MSV) for UAE.

Yes, if they are flying in then boarding the ship and not returning to the UAE a single entry visa would be sufficient...

Anne...

Yes, if they are flying in then boarding the ship and not returning to the UAE a single entry visa would be sufficient...

Anne...
Yes, fly to Abu Dhabi, stay a few nights in a hotel in Yas Island and then board the cruise ship which will depart from Abu Dhabi to go to Doha.