Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sddsddean

Dubai question for Anne (Jayayeff)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

 

Sorry, I missed this one as I was away for a few days at the end of April/early May.   Could you post the actual dates of your visit in 2020 as Ramadan will begin towards the end of April next year which may affect some of the things you’ve asked about...

 

Anne...

Thank you Anne. My dates are prior to Ramadan though I'll need to check impact for later ports. We sail from Dubai evening of April 19th.

I appreciate any recommendations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mef_57 said:

Thank you Anne. My dates are prior to Ramadan though I'll need to check impact for later ports. We sail from Dubai evening of April 19th.

I appreciate any recommendations.

 

That’s fine it gives you a week before the expected start date.   I did some research for you earlier today have have quite a few hotel recommendations plus some info on culture and heritage places of interest however, I left my laptop in the office so I will reply to you and post some links and recommendations for you tomorrow when I have them to hand again...

 

Anne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jayayeff said:

 

That’s fine it gives you a week before the expected start date.   I did some research for you earlier today have have quite a few hotel recommendations plus some info on culture and heritage places of interest however, I left my laptop in the office so I will reply to you and post some links and recommendations for you tomorrow when I have them to hand again...

 

Anne

Anne, that is very generous of your time.  I look forward to see your recommendations. Maria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, mef_57 said:

Anne, that is very generous of your time.  I look forward to see your recommendations. Maria

 

I checked out the museums for you on the Visit Dubai website and there are several listed there - many just very small ones but you can find details of them all here:: https://www.visitdubai.com/en/see-thrill-play/heritage-and-culture/museums-and-libraries

I have to admit that I wasn't aware of the Women's Museum but I found it also has its own website, link here http://womenmuseumuae.com/eng/   It's located on the Deira side of the Creek very close to the 'old' Gold Souk.

 

Most of the places of interest that you mentioned are located in what we usually refer to as 'old' Dubai, which is really just Dubai as those of us who have been here for a long time knew when we arrived, prior to all the recent developments.  The only one in the newer area is the Miracle Garden but it is easily reached either by public transport or taxi from somewhere like Mall of the Emirates.

 

As you interests seem to lie in the older parts of Dubai I would suggest looking at hotels in that area too, although they do tend to be lower level than the 'skyscrapers' along Sheikh Zayed Road, in the Downtown, Dubai Marina areas, etc.  Personally I prefer this side of Dubai and my recommendations would be in the luxury category either Palazzo Versace which has a waterfront location right on the Creek with easy walking access to the redeveloped Jadaf Waterfront where you will also find the Jalil Arts Centre and the soon to be opened Mohamed Bin Rashid Library, or Raffles Hotel which is part of the Wafi Centre and is quite close to the Dubai Frame and Glow Garden.  Other options would be the Grand Hyatt Hotel which is just along the road from Raffles or the Intercontinental or Crown Plaza hotels Dubai Festival City.  The last two are across the Creek from the Versace and directly across the water from the MBR Library.  They are on the same site and share a base podium.  There is also direct access to one of the Water Transport stations from Festival City too.  This area is also very close to the head of the Creek where the Ras Al Khor bird sanctuary is located...  I actually spent a day visiting the Jadaf Waterfront a few moths ago and took loads of photographs so I can post a selection if you are interested....

 

The whole area along the Dubai side of the Creek has been undergoing redevelopment in the last couple of years and this extends from the Jadaf Waterfront right through the Al Seef heritage area that stretches from Maktoum Bridge right to the mouth of the Creek which is where the cruise terminal is located.  This area is where the Al Fahidi Fort (home of the Dubai Museum) and the Ruler's Court is located.    The whole stretch is pedestrian friendly, or served by abras for visitors who prefer to travel the Creek by the traditional wooden 'taxi' boats.  There are also two new hotels built into the Al Seef development - both operated by the Jumeirah Group.  I stayed in one of them a few months ago and posted some photographs of the Al Seef Hotel in a post earlier in this thread (again, I have loads more photos from my weekend wandering the Al Seef Heritage area).

 

Hope the above helps in your visit planning but please ask if you have more questions..

 

Anne..

Edited by Jayayeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

Hope the above helps in your visit planning but please ask if you have more questions..

 

Anne..

Hello Anne.  Thank you for these details.  I was in a big American city last week and must say that for all the glamour and excitement of the high rises, sleeping out of the downtown core has its appeal.  Maybe I'll just spring for tea at the Burj for my 'high in the sky' experience and use a hotel closer to the port. 

I'll take a look at the hotel recommendations with a map available. 

I did see your photos further up the thread from Al Seef Heritage area.  I am sure others as well as myself would like to see some photos from the Jadaf Waterfront if you are inclined to load some.  They say a picture paints a thousand words.....

Thank you again for the efforts put in to research and offer options for me.  I look forward to researching in depth. Maria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mef_57 said:

 

I did see your photos further up the thread from Al Seef Heritage area.  I am sure others as well as myself would like to see some photos from the Jadaf Waterfront if you are inclined to load some.  They say a picture paints a thousand words.....

Thank you again for the efforts put in to research and offer options for me.  I look forward to researching in depth. Maria

 

Here you are:  Al Jadaf Waterfront (Palazzo Versace Hotel, Al Jameel Arts Centre).  I’ll post another set of Dubai Festival City, which is just across from this location.....

 

486A4EE7-C99C-4D7D-A1C7-CA81774EC675.jpeg

021C957E-29E7-4D12-9DEC-6EC0038ABA8E.jpeg

8F2FD08D-CC87-4B05-9430-8FFD6E484605.jpeg

06EFA03C-4D9E-4895-95B4-C81C426B15D8.jpeg

76006168-C067-455A-AF33-621CB2BC5098.jpeg

D93F431A-DD6B-4339-876F-9F5ACE91AEAC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

These are from Dubai Festival City the other side of the Business Bay Crossing bridge from Jadaf Waterfront, where the Intercontinental, and Crowne Plaza hotels are located.  I took these before the MBR Library was finished - it is now finished and in the area behind the dhow ship building yard across the water from DFC...

 

Anne

 

 

 

 

EC487C01-BF90-4AF9-BAFB-9367DFA80403.jpeg

7FFF2F9E-AE62-445E-9EC1-AAB39A0B2B36.jpeg

B6A38E3B-EE6A-4F6C-8BDC-03F9CCD07230.jpeg

152D357B-86E3-4BA4-B5CC-CB245C4F904D.jpeg

B6D5FB1C-84E3-4CA9-8EC4-B5C285838427.jpeg

376B14BA-2523-4481-8A97-A7FA76F8975A.jpeg

Edited by Jayayeff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks very much Anne.  That dhow ship being built is really something!! Massive! 
One thing I am learning is that Dubai is growing with leaps and bounds and that planning too far ahead means missing the most recent opportunities by the time I arrive.

I look forward to adding your recommendations to my research list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

 

I checked out the museums for you on the Visit Dubai website and there are several listed there - many just very small ones but you can find details of them all here:: https://www.visitdubai.com/en/see-thrill-play/heritage-and-culture/museums-and-libraries

I have to admit that I wasn't aware of the Women's Museum but I found it also has its own website, link here http://womenmuseumuae.com/eng/   It's located on the Deira side of the Creek very close to the 'old' Gold Souk.

 

Most of the places of interest that you mentioned are located in what we usually refer to as 'old' Dubai, which is really just Dubai as those of us who have been here for a long time knew when we arrived, prior to all the recent developments.  The only one in the newer area is the Miracle Garden but it is easily reached either by public transport or taxi from somewhere like Mall of the Emirates.

 

As you interests seem to lie in the older parts of Dubai I would suggest looking at hotels in that area too, although they do tend to be lower level than the 'skyscrapers' along Sheikh Zayed Road, in the Downtown, Dubai Marina areas, etc.  Personally I prefer this side of Dubai and my recommendations would be in the luxury category either Palazzo Versace which has a waterfront location right on the Creek with easy walking access to the redeveloped Jadaf Waterfront where you will also find the Jalil Arts Centre and the soon to be opened Mohamed Bin Rashid Library, or Raffles Hotel which is part of the Wafi Centre and is quite close to the Dubai Frame and Glow Garden.  Other options would be the Grand Hyatt Hotel which is just along the road from Raffles or the Intercontinental or Crown Plaza hotels Dubai Festival City.  The last two are across the Creek from the Versace and directly across the water from the MBR Library.  They are on the same site and share a base podium.  There is also direct access to one of the Water Transport stations from Festival City too.  This area is also very close to the head of the Creek where the Ras Al Khor bird sanctuary is located...  I actually spent a day visiting the Jadaf Waterfront a few moths ago and took loads of photographs so I can post a selection if you are interested....

 

The whole area along the Dubai side of the Creek has been undergoing redevelopment in the last couple of years and this extends from the Jadaf Waterfront right through the Al Seef heritage area that stretches from Maktoum Bridge right to the mouth of the Creek which is where the cruise terminal is located.  This area is where the Al Fahidi Fort (home of the Dubai Museum) and the Ruler's Court is located.    The whole stretch is pedestrian friendly, or served by abras for visitors who prefer to travel the Creek by the traditional wooden 'taxi' boats.  There are also two new hotels built into the Al Seef development - both operated by the Jumeirah Group.  I stayed in one of them a few months ago and posted some photographs of the Al Seef Hotel in a post earlier in this thread (again, I have loads more photos from my weekend wandering the Al Seef Heritage area).

 

Hope the above helps in your visit planning but please ask if you have more questions..

 

Anne..

Anne, thanks so much for the valuable information you're providing to all of us. We will have only one full day in Dubai prior to the cruise. I am considering the City Seasons Hotel near the Burjuman mall. What are your thoughts on that hotel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, irisbax3 said:

Anne, thanks so much for the valuable information you're providing to all of us. We will have only one full day in Dubai prior to the cruise. I am considering the City Seasons Hotel near the Burjuman mall. What are your thoughts on that hotel?

 

I wouldn’t recommend either the hotel or the location.  The area around the Bur Juman Centre is very commercial, and very busy with traffic.  There are a couple of new hotels operated by the Jumeirah Group that are just a block or so away from Bur Juman that are right by the Creek and the new Al Seef pedestrian development area.  They have only been open since late last summer but both have excellent Tripadvisor reviews already and the location is much nicer for visitors.  The hotels are the Zabeel House Al Seef and Zabeel House MINI....

 

Anne...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayayeff said:

 

I wouldn’t recommend either the hotel or the location.  The area around the Bur Juman Centre is very commercial, and very busy with traffic.  There are a couple of new hotels operated by the Jumeirah Group that are just a block or so away from Bur Juman that are right by the Creek and the new Al Seef pedestrian development area.  They have only been open since late last summer but both have excellent Tripadvisor reviews already and the location is much nicer for visitors.  The hotels are the Zabeel House Al Seef and Zabeel House MINI....

 

Anne...

Thanks, Anne. You're a lifesaver. I'll look into those other hotels. Really appreciate your advice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anne, your photos of the Al Seef Heritage hotel has some appeal.  Versace is a little too over the top in decor for me and the Hyatts are all very stark.  I have no interest in the modern Zabeel Al Seef options.  But I note that Jumeirah hotels have stated they are no longer taking bookings for the Al Seef Heritage hotel nor will represent it any longer.  I wonder if you know whether someone else will take it over, or any other details for future?

For whatever reason, I am finding hotel prices quite high for next April...perhaps it is the new higher taxes driving up the rates, so I need to either look back into the Financial District, or at a lower price point for a hotel.  After looking at images, some local character has more appeal than butler service.  I'll continue to look in the area, but if something comes to mind as a lower price point alternative, I would be happy to receive suggestions. Thanks, M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mef_57 said:

Anne, your photos of the Al Seef Heritage hotel has some appeal.  Versace is a little too over the top in decor for me and the Hyatts are all very stark.  I have no interest in the modern Zabeel Al Seef options.  But I note that Jumeirah hotels have stated they are no longer taking bookings for the Al Seef Heritage hotel nor will represent it any longer.  I wonder if you know whether someone else will take it over, or any other details for future?

For whatever reason, I am finding hotel prices quite high for next April...perhaps it is the new higher taxes driving up the rates, so I need to either look back into the Financial District, or at a lower price point for a hotel.  After looking at images, some local character has more appeal than butler service.  I'll continue to look in the area, but if something comes to mind as a lower price point alternative, I would be happy to receive suggestions. Thanks, M.

 

I hadn’t seen or heard anything about the Jumeirah Group no longer managing the Al Seef Heritage Hotel so don’t know who will operate it in the future.  Did you look at the two in Festival City that I recommended or Raffles at the Wafi Centre?   There are several Hyatts around the city but the one I was referring to is the Grand Hyatt, which is not new and stark it’s been open for quite a while - I had friends who got married there over 10 years ago.  It’s a large crescent shaped building set in landscaped grounds... The problem with rates is it’s a year out already and early to mid April can be a busy period due to Easter holidays for European schools.  However, rates could well change between now and then...  The one thing we are not short of here are hotels so I wouldn’t be too anxious at this stage...

 

Anne...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jayayeff said:

 

I hadn’t seen or heard anything about the Jumeirah Group no longer managing the Al Seef Heritage Hotel so don’t know who will operate it in the future.  Did you look at the two in Festival City that I recommended or Raffles at the Wafi Centre?   There are several Hyatts around the city but the one I was referring to is the Grand Hyatt, which is not new and stark it’s been open for quite a while - I had friends who got married there over 10 years ago.  It’s a large crescent shaped building set in landscaped grounds... The problem with rates is it’s a year out already and early to mid April can be a busy period due to Easter holidays for European schools.  However, rates could well change between now and then...  The one thing we are not short of here are hotels so I wouldn’t be too anxious at this stage...

 

Anne...

here is the message https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/al-seef-by-jumeirah/al-seef-hotel/al-seef-hotel-by-jumeirah/

I'll look again at the Grand Hyatt.  I looked at a number yesterday, and they may be a blur.  I think I do recall a landscaped garden.  As a birdwatcher, these appeal.  I think the pricing has been a problem with some of the options.  Maybe I need to find out when Brits have school hols, as I am looking at April 16-18 and Easter is the weekend before.  The prepaid options are more palatable, but at 11 months prior, it is too soon to commit.

As mentioned, no shortage of hotels, and who knows what will be new by that time. Not anxious, but like to do short lists (and like to look at hotel rooms, I think. If Raffles prices drop some, or I can book a pre-paid option closer to date, that is a great option.

Thanks again.

Edited by mef_57
clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Anne. I've been researching hotels for a trip prior to a cruise that my wife and I are taking in February of 2020. Researching the hotels and geographical areas of Dubai is exhausting, but I've kind of narrowed my choices down to about 4 hotels, spread between what I have labeled 3 areas. 2 of them are in what I am referring to as the Dubai Creek area, 1 appears to be in Business Bay, and 1 is near the World Trade Center. Specifically, they are the Jumeirah Creekside, Al Bandar Rotana-Creek, Oberoi, and Voco Dubai. Is there any info you think might be helpful to me is deciding between any of these 4 or the areas they are located? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clojacks said:

Hi Anne. I've been researching hotels for a trip prior to a cruise that my wife and I are taking in February of 2020. Researching the hotels and geographical areas of Dubai is exhausting, but I've kind of narrowed my choices down to about 4 hotels, spread between what I have labeled 3 areas. 2 of them are in what I am referring to as the Dubai Creek area, 1 appears to be in Business Bay, and 1 is near the World Trade Center. Specifically, they are the Jumeirah Creekside, Al Bandar Rotana-Creek, Oberoi, and Voco Dubai. Is there any info you think might be helpful to me is deciding between any of these 4 or the areas they are located? 

 

A very eclectic mix you selected there.   I’ll start with the one that may be a problem - the Jumeirah Creekside, which is actually a bit of a misnomer as it is close to the Creek but not Creekside!!  It’s actually located adjacent to the Dubai Tennis Stadium and the Emirates Training Centre and whilst you don’t give visit dates in February, for a significant amount of the month it will be the host hotel for the Dubai Tennis Championships - back to back ladies and mens ATP events that I believe will run from 17th February in 2020 for two weeks... Other than that, it’s an excellent hotel but not in a central or easily accessible location...

 

The Al Bandar Rotana opened late last year and is located on the Deira side of the Creek in what used to be the CBD before DIFC, Downtown and Business Bay were developed.  Any of the Rotana Group hotels are good value for money and usually have very comfortable rooms and a good selection of F&B outlets too.  I’m not sure how close that one is to a Metro station but it would be very easy to explore both Deira side of the Creek (Spice Souq, Gold Souq) or get an abra (water taxi) across to the Bur Dubai side of the Creek to explore the historical/heritage area of ‘old’ Dubai from that location.  If you got  a Creek view room the you would see all of Dubai from the Creek over to ‘new’ Dubai...

 

I don’t know much about the Voco Hotel as it is a recently rebranded property..  It was a combined hotel/residence complex operated by the owners before joining the IHG portfolio as one of their new brand Voco hotels just last month.  Location is good, easy access to the World Trade Centre Metro station and within walking distance of several other Sh. Zayed Road hotels so lots of options for restaurants, bars, etc... 

 

The Oberoi Dubai in Business Bay is a beautiful hotel in a good location but not as close to the Metro however, taxis are reasonable and readily available.   Lots of restaurants etc. within walking distance and access to the Dubai Waterfront where you can get water taxis to various other locations that are now all linked via the Dubai Canal that runs from the sea right through the Business Bay area and beyond.   Quite close to Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Fountains and Dubai Opera....

 

Hope that helps but it really depends how long you have here and what your ‘to do’ priorities are whilst you’re here as to which would be the better choice...

 

Anne..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 12:40 AM, Jayayeff said:

 

A very eclectic mix you selected there.   I’ll start with the one that may be a problem - the Jumeirah Creekside, which is actually a bit of a misnomer as it is close to the Creek but not Creekside!!  It’s actually located adjacent to the Dubai Tennis Stadium and the Emirates Training Centre and whilst you don’t give visit dates in February, for a significant amount of the month it will be the host hotel for the Dubai Tennis Championships - back to back ladies and mens ATP events that I believe will run from 17th February in 2020 for two weeks... Other than that, it’s an excellent hotel but not in a central or easily accessible location...

 

The Al Bandar Rotana opened late last year and is located on the Deira side of the Creek in what used to be the CBD before DIFC, Downtown and Business Bay were developed.  Any of the Rotana Group hotels are good value for money and usually have very comfortable rooms and a good selection of F&B outlets too.  I’m not sure how close that one is to a Metro station but it would be very easy to explore both Deira side of the Creek (Spice Souq, Gold Souq) or get an abra (water taxi) across to the Bur Dubai side of the Creek to explore the historical/heritage area of ‘old’ Dubai from that location.  If you got  a Creek view room the you would see all of Dubai from the Creek over to ‘new’ Dubai...

 

I don’t know much about the Voco Hotel as it is a recently rebranded property..  It was a combined hotel/residence complex operated by the owners before joining the IHG portfolio as one of their new brand Voco hotels just last month.  Location is good, easy access to the World Trade Centre Metro station and within walking distance of several other Sh. Zayed Road hotels so lots of options for restaurants, bars, etc... 

 

The Oberoi Dubai in Business Bay is a beautiful hotel in a good location but not as close to the Metro however, taxis are reasonable and readily available.   Lots of restaurants etc. within walking distance and access to the Dubai Waterfront where you can get water taxis to various other locations that are now all linked via the Dubai Canal that runs from the sea right through the Business Bay area and beyond.   Quite close to Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Fountains and Dubai Opera....

 

Hope that helps but it really depends how long you have here and what your ‘to do’ priorities are whilst you’re here as to which would be the better choice...

 

Anne..

Thank you Anne. We actually will be in Dubai for a few days at the end of January into February, so the ATP wouldn't conflict if we decided on the Creekside. Ironically, I have had quite a bit of difficulty getting package prices off of the Rotana website. Their website doesn't show any pricing for any rooms beyond the end of December, and they don't respond to any contacts through their website. Might make our decision easier if they won't respond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, clojacks said:

Ironically, I have had quite a bit of difficulty getting package prices off of the Rotana website. Their website doesn't show any pricing for any rooms beyond the end of December, and they don't respond to any contacts through their website. Might make our decision easier if they won't respond. 

 

That's strange as I was on the Rotana website a few minutes ago amending an upcoming booking at one of the Abu Dhabi properties and just out of curiosity I tried making a booking at the Al Bandar Rotana for end of Jan thru to beginning of Feb. and the calendar was there for 2020 as were room rates for that timeframe.  Try again and if you still have problems I'll see if I can get a direct email address for reservations for you...

 

Anne..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 12:26 AM, Jayayeff said:

 

That's strange as I was on the Rotana website a few minutes ago amending an upcoming booking at one of the Abu Dhabi properties and just out of curiosity I tried making a booking at the Al Bandar Rotana for end of Jan thru to beginning of Feb. and the calendar was there for 2020 as were room rates for that timeframe.  Try again and if you still have problems I'll see if I can get a direct email address for reservations for you...

 

Anne..

Good Morning Anne. I finally heard back from the Reservations Dept at Al Bandar Rotana-Creek yesterday. I also discovered why their website was showing "no rates available"after Decemeber 2019. Apparently, I was signed into the Rewards program while I was searching for rooms. This is something I always do when I am looking at rates. I first sign up for a chains rewards or loyalty program and then search as I have frequently found extra benefits if I was signed in. In Rotana's case, because I was signed into their program while I was searching, it was only looking for rates for its members, which there were none of after December. I just happened to come across this by accident, but if others search for rooms the same way I do, they will also not see rooms available!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Anne,

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, clojacks said:

Good Morning Anne. I finally heard back from the Reservations Dept at Al Bandar Rotana-Creek yesterday. I also discovered why their website was showing "no rates available"after Decemeber 2019. Apparently, I was signed into the Rewards program while I was searching for rooms. This is something I always do when I am looking at rates. I first sign up for a chains rewards or loyalty program and then search as I have frequently found extra benefits if I was signed in. In Rotana's case, because I was signed into their program while I was searching, it was only looking for rates for its members, which there were none of after December. I just happened to come across this by accident, but if others search for rooms the same way I do, they will also not see rooms available!

 

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:38 PM, irisbax3 said:

Thanks, Anne. You're a lifesaver. I'll look into those other hotels. Really appreciate your advice.

 

Hi Anne, I've narrowed my hotel choices to Arabian Courtyard and the Jabeel House Mini.   Can you give me an idea of the major differences between these two hotels. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

Hi Anne,

 

Hi Anne, I've narrowed my hotel choices to Arabian Courtyard and the Jabeel House Mini.   Can you give me an idea of the major differences between these two hotels. Thank you.

 

The Arabian Courtyard Hotel is a more traditional style hotel albeit with an Arabic theme to it and it is in the middle of Bur Dubai quite close to Dubai Museum.  Zabeel House and Zabeel House Mini are both very new hotels in a very modern style, similar to Aloft hotels.  Location is great, right by the Creek at the beginning of the Al Seef heritage redevelopment area...

 

Anne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayayeff said:

 

The Arabian Courtyard Hotel is a more traditional style hotel albeit with an Arabic theme to it and it is in the middle of Bur Dubai quite close to Dubai Museum.  Zabeel House and Zabeel House Mini are both very new hotels in a very modern style, similar to Aloft hotels.  Location is great, right by the Creek at the beginning of the Al Seef heritage redevelopment area...

 

Anne

Thanks,again, Anne. Are the rooms at the ZH Mini extremely small?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

Thanks,again, Anne. Are the rooms at the ZH Mini extremely small?

 

As hotel rooms go yes they are ‘mini’ - the Pocket rooms are just 23sq.m. which is about the average size of a regular cruise ship cabin.  The Family rooms are slightly larger (29sq.m.) to allow for an extra bed to go in them.    The ZH rooms are more traditional hotel room size, their Popular room is 35sq.m.   There are lots of reviews and traveller photos for both the ZH and ZH Mini on Tripadvisor  which give you are better idea of size/layout of them all....

 

Anne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding a hotel in Dubai is not as easy as I thought...

We're now considering Azamara's choice hotel , even if their prices are a bit higher when booked via the cruiseline - the Intercontinental Dubai Festival City - because we'll arrive just before midnight and will be boarding our cruise ship a few hours later after a short night's sleep. So what we're looking for is a comfortable bed, a good breakfast and easy and quick access from the airport... And transfer to the ship on the day of embarkation is included which is always an easy choice for a tired traveller. What I couldn't find out yet : do hotels usually offer hotel shuttles at the airport or will we have to find a taxi to take us?

Thank you for your answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, grayjay said:

Finding a hotel in Dubai is not as easy as I thought...

We're now considering Azamara's choice hotel , even if their prices are a bit higher when booked via the cruiseline - the Intercontinental Dubai Festival City - because we'll arrive just before midnight and will be boarding our cruise ship a few hours later after a short night's sleep. So what we're looking for is a comfortable bed, a good breakfast and easy and quick access from the airport... And transfer to the ship on the day of embarkation is included which is always an easy choice for a tired traveller. What I couldn't find out yet : do hotels usually offer hotel shuttles at the airport or will we have to find a taxi to take us?

Thank you for your answer.

 

The 5* hotels do not usually operate airport shuttles but will arrange a private car pick-up for you if requested.  Some of the 3* or 4* hotels do have shuttles.   However, if you are planning on staying at the Intercontinental Festival City it is only 5 minutes from the airport so just getting taxi is fine...

 

Anne...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...