upgrades/upsales

Kayzer9

I suppose, also, there is no guarantee that we will get an invite to bid to upgrade if we in fact re book to an ocean view, correct? Meaning, just because we have the offer to bid to upgrade now, we may not get that same invite

upgrades - if I cancel my currently booked inside room and re book for an oceanview, would I be offered an even higher upgrade (upsale) than I'm being offered now with an inside room?

I did it this week.

1. first you don't cancel, you upgrade to an oceanview (no penalities)

2. 24 hours after you did it, your upgrade offer will switch form OV & balcony to Balcony & minisuite

If you already placed a bid, I suggest you cancel it before bidding again.

upgrades - if I cancel my currently booked inside room and re book for an oceanview, would I be offered an even higher upgrade (upsale) than I'm being offered now with an inside room?

Yes. You are offered the opportunity to bid on two cabin classes above what you hold. If you book a Balcony, you can bid on a minisuite or Suite/Concierge room.

You will also get the Free at Sea on the cabin class you book at (not upgraded to). So if you are in an inside room now, and cancel and rebook a Balcony, you will get the Balcony Free at Sea promos.

I did it this week.

1. first you don't cancel, you upgrade to an oceanview (no penalities)

2. 24 hours after you did it, your upgrade offer will switch form OV & balcony to Balcony & minisuite

If you already placed a bid, I suggest you cancel it before bidding again.

So.....I ought to bid for an OV and then see if I get the invite/offer to upgrade again?

So.....I ought to bid for an OV and then see if I get the invite/offer to upgrade again?

No, once you are upgraded through the bidding process, you are locked into that cabin. You don't get to try and bid again. You would have to call NCL and upgrade directly through them, and then try the bidding process after you are upgraded.

No, once you are upgraded through the bidding process, you are locked into that cabin. You don't get to try and bid again. You would have to call NCL and upgrade directly through them, and then try the bidding process after you are upgraded.

That makes sense. I had suggested earlier that I should cancel my current Inside and rebook for an OV. Someone else said there may be cancellation fees....but if I call NCL directly and pay for an upgrade to an OV THEN I should see a new invite to bid on a new upgrade. Does that sound right?

That makes sense. I had suggested earlier that I should cancel my current Inside and rebook for an OV. Someone else said there may be cancellation fees....but if I call NCL directly and pay for an upgrade to an OV THEN I should see a new invite to bid on a new upgrade. Does that sound right?

Yes! After final payment it's not a cancellation if you do a paid upgrade. Once you've done that, you should (no guarantee)get the opportunity to bid on an Balcony & Mini-Suite.

Maybe or maybe not. Not everyone is offered an opportunity to upgrade.

You also might want to look at what the room costs to which you are hoping to win an upgrade. On my recent sailing, prices dropped and I changed my room from aft balcony to aft suite (knowing exactly what was available and having priced it) by paying the difference. This was done by my travel agent. I also received the upgraded Free at Sea (two additional options) and extra OBC, making the extra I paid almost pay for itself (not factoring in butler/concierge tips).

You also might want to look at what the room costs to which you are hoping to win an upgrade. On my recent sailing, prices dropped and I changed my room from aft balcony to aft suite (knowing exactly what was available and having priced it) by paying the difference. This was done by my travel agent. I also received the upgraded Free at Sea (two additional options) and extra OBC, making the extra I paid almost pay for itself (not factoring in butler/concierge tips).

Nice! :D:D:D