Which is cheaper: Current Internet sale or Elite internet discount

Panzano

We're booked on the Dec 9th fourteen night Buenos Aires R/T and I see that they're offering a 20% discount on internet for 2 devices @ $344.80. My husband & I are both elite level and the internet benefit description states: "30% internet discount (off of first package) or complimentary minutes"

I'm wondering if we'll get a better deal if we each buy an individual internet package onboard and each get 30% of the package or if only one person gets the 30% discount ... or if they offer a 2 device package onboard and we would get the 30% off that package, hence 10% less than current offer.

Any insight would be appreciated.

In my experience, you may be better off each buying a single device package pre cruise. You will have to contact Captains club though to combine the usual 10% pre cruise and elite discount.

My experience, exactly. Internet for single device, pre-cruise price with Elite (-30%) discount, has been our best internet purchases thus far (and as dutchclogs has mentioned, the Captain’s Club desk arranges that for us).

Yes, one devise works fine with us as well. Just log off and then let the other person log on. You can use more than one devise, just not at the same time. You can buy pre-cruise and use any Celebrity OBC to pay for it and charge any overage to your cc.

Thanks to all who responded. I wasn't aware of the Captain's Club desk & called them. According to the woman I spoke with, the captain's club 30% discount is only for individual packages not the 2 device package. Each individual package with the 30% discount would be $201 for the 14 night cruise, or a total of $402 for both of us.

So, getting the $344.80 two device package now with the 20% discount would save us over $50, so that's what we're going to do.

Thanks again.

I called and got the Elite 30% off 1 device and confirmed that my husband would also get his 90 minutes, since we are both Elite

Not sure I am understanding... Did you get the 30% Elite discount off the sale price of one device by calling?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure I am understanding... Did you get the 30% Elite discount off the sale price of one device by calling?

Yes, I was able to get the 30% Elite discount off 1 device when I called, and they noted the 90 minutes for my husband on our account just to confirm that he got that as well. (at least that is what they told me they were doing) I sail next month.

I believe if you purchase before you sail it is already 10 percent cheaper than onboard. If you call Captains Club you get 30 percent off the price on top of that. At least that is how it has worked for me and why I purchase before in advance.

Just called... and for my 1/2019 Equinox sailing the 7nt price "on sale" is $199 on the Celebrity website. The rep I spoke to said you cannot combine the 30% Elite discount with an online flash sale, so my final price was $157 for one device because it was 30% off the regular online price of $224. I was able to use OBC on the phone.

No doubt there's a cheaper way to do this by first using the 90 minutes free and buying a reduced # of days package on board... but it's nice to just have it done with and not have to watch minutes.

I called and got the Elite 30% off 1 device and confirmed that my husband would also get his 90 minutes, since we are both Elite

Yes! we do this all the time, when we do not have the Go Best package.

I purchase the “one device” Elite discount for myself and DH retains his 90 minutes. When he uses up his 90 minutes, then my unlimited comes into play. Only rule is - one device at a time - when I am on line, he is off line. When he is on line, I am off line. Easy peasy and the best bang for our bucks.

Just curious and I don't mean this in any bad way or anything.

What do people need so much internet for on a cruise? We have a business but the 90 min each is more than enough for a 10 day cruise. Each morning we log in, download emails and sign off. We answer them during the day (if needed) then sign on and send.

Again, not saying anything bad about an internet package, just curious. We do our best to stay off the internet while on a cruise. There is way too much other stuff to do.

What do people need so much internet for on a cruise? We have a business but the 90 min each is more than enough for a 10 day cruise. Each morning we log in, download emails and sign off. We answer them during the day (if needed) then sign on and send.

Again, not saying anything bad about an internet package, just curious. We do our best to stay off the internet while on a cruise. There is way too much other stuff to do.

No offense taken... But just as some enjoy cocktails, reading, playing bingo, sitting in the sun, or going to trivia, some of us enjoy playing mindless games, spending time perusing social media (which we may not have much time for at home), streaming Safari Live on YouTube (instead of watching CNN on TV), etc. The 90 minutes of internet that comes free to Elite members can be wasted very quickly if the internet is slow to non-existent.

Isn't it nice that we can all enjoy different activities?

If you’re only doing email on the Internet then the 90 minutes would be fine. If you’re using internet to plan shore excursions and keeping up with the news at home etc. it isn’t nearly enough.

So, if I am reading this correctly....for Elite members it would be $11 per day x 2 a total of $22 per day x 14 for a 14 day cruise would be $308 for two devices? Internet right now is saying, with sale is $344.80. So I should wait till we board or am I figuring something incorrectly? TIA :D

Here’s the current prices per night...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m confused by this... Just today, I called and purchased internet with my Elite 30% discount. For a 7 day cruise on Eclipse it totaled $157 for a one device package. The full price in Cruise Planner was $224. Even the full price on this sheet is less than I paid for mine with 30% discount. Is this the newest onboard price sheet?

What am I missing?

Thanks to everyone for posting this. I didn't realize I could get the internet pkg. for a single device. I do enjoy reading the local news in the morning while enjoying my coffee. I just called the Capt. Club and got the $157 price with my Elite discount. Since I still had money left from my OBC after booking excursions, this was even cheaper!