Looking for a stay, park, and cruise hotel in Miami with a shuttle

teacher2cruiser

My husband and I are looking for a hotel in Miami where we can leave our car while we cruise in June. I have read that the safest place to park is at the port, but we've done pre-cruise hotels with parking out of Port Canaveral and Baltimore with stress free success. Does anyone have any suggestions? A hotel with a view of the port would be a plus, but safety is the most important of course!

Because downtown hotels charge guest $25-30+ per day to park while they stay, most of the cruise parking deals you will find in Miami will be at hotels out near the port. You can use the search function on this board to find previous threads with suggestions.

A budget option often suggested is La Quinta East. The MIA Embassy Suites and the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon are also often suggested. NONE of these includes a ride from POM back to your car post cruise, so plan on a $30+ cab or about $20 in an Uber or Lyft. www.stay123.com and www.parksleepfly.com are tow other sources to check.

You might consider staying cheap outside of Miami and then parking at the port - parking there costs $22/day but is covered, convenient and secure. West Palm is only about 1.5-2 hours from POM, and we have even driven from WDW/Orlando to catch a Miami cruise (about 3.5-4 hours).

Good luck! :D

In the past the two Hilton properties about a mile north of PortMiami (Hilton Miami Downtown and DoubleTree Grand Biscayne Bay) have offered packages including parking and a shuttle to the port (but not upon return) if you book directly with them. This is likely the only possibility of getting a room with a view of the port without paying an arm, leg, and first born child for parking. You could call the property itself to confirm if it is still offered. But always look at "package" pricing with a grain of salt; may still be a better value to just stay somewhere outside downtown that does not charge for parking during your stay, and then just park at the port.

Our friends drive in from 2 1/2 hours away and meet us. They have parked their car at the Residence Inn (Airport) for our last 3 cruises.

No problem at all, another trip coming up in Jan. and using Residence again. It's part of Marriott Complex (Marriott, Courtyard, Residence Inn and a new one Townplace Suites???)

You can get one-way transportation to POM, cab back is about 30.00

If safety is most important then parking at the Port on Miami is the best choice. As JohninDC has suggested you can stay outside Miami to keep the budget in balance.

Any hotel parking will be fine as well.

To the OP. That is a lot to ask for. Very few hotels offer park and cruise with shuttles too. The vas majority out by the airport, not near the port. Though the ride to the port is pretty short from there anyway.

We have booked the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove for this month which offers stay & cruise and a shuttle TO the port (must taxi/uber back). The rate was very good and they have a parking garage attached to the hotel. Reviews I have read have all been good. I will try to remember to come back and post a review.

We have booked the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove for this month which offers stay & cruise and a shuttle TO the port (must taxi/uber back). The rate was very good and they have a parking garage attached to the hotel. Reviews I have read have all been good. I will try to remember to come back and post a review.

We have booked this same hotel for our February cruise.

I would appreciate any feedback when you return.

We won’t need parking since we are flying in to FLL and taking private shuttle (for 8 people) to hotel.

I’ll look forward to your comments on this hotel. Would love to know if they would arrange a shuttle (for a fee iof course) for the 8 of us.

Thanks and hope you have a wonderful cruise👍!