Yacht club formal nights

swanmark

Hi Guys we are trying the yacht club for the first time. Can anyone please tell us about the formal nights, How formal are they, is it black tie or just suits, looking at some photos of Splendida it loo’s like lots of men are wearing suits most of the time. Thanks

Hi Guys we are trying the yacht club for the first time. Can anyone please tell us about the formal nights, How formal are they, is it black tie or just suits, looking at some photos of Splendida it loo’s like lots of men are wearing suits most of the time. Thanks

A shirt and pants is good.

Was on the Divina last year in the Yacht Club and took along a Sports Jacket. Will be going on the Seaside in November and will not take along a Jacket....so silly to wear a jacket in the Caribbean...I'm on vacation and will dress for comfort.:D:D

On all our previous cruises, formal meant just that, even some tuxes, but on Meraviglia in YC, we were surprised to see no tuxedoes or women in gowns, just suits and women in proper dresses. It was a disappointment since we dressed for “Elegant “ on the 3 nights it specified. Now we are relieved for future YC cruises we won’t take elegant clothes. So...men in shirts w/tie, with or without jacket....women in nice top and pants or skirt...or really whatever makes you comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It often depends on the region you're sailing, on our Caribbean sailings fewer people were actually elegant. A few suits but mainly shirts and trousers for the men, cocktail or summer dress for ladies. Our most recent sailings from Dubai and around the Baltics, nearly everyone dressed elegantly, lots of suits for the men and evening or cocktail dresses for the ladies.

I think I wore shorts every day except the elegant nights In the YC restaurant. I’ll be back next month and am only planning to bring pants for the elegant nights so we shall see.

I guess that they allow it in the Caribbean. On Meraviglia in the Mediterranean people wearing shorts had to change for dinner in the YC.