Galveston port departures delayed today 9.29.18

Quilcruisers

Oh that lousy port of Galveston. Fog, floods and an old ugly town.

Why do people have to be rude? I live close to Galveston and it is a wonderful island. I have sailed many times from there and NEVER had a problem.

It seems every post this person makes is negative. If you want to be so nasty, try That OTHER social media, where people like this post frequently. But most people on cruise critic are planning wonderful vacations and are happy and excited!

It seems every post this person makes is negative. If you want to be so nasty, try That OTHER social media, where people like this post frequently. But most people on cruise critic are planning wonderful vacations and are happy and excited!

Indeed! It must be awfully sad being so bitter about every aspect of cruising... Ships are clunkers, ports are lousy, etc.

And I believe a 3rd terminal is in the works. We've been sailing out of Galveston since the Celebration was there and only delayed once due to fog.

Yes, we started cruising from Galveston on the Celebration (AKA M.S. Pogostick-so bumpy!). Love every minute of it! Plus the other cruisers are usually wonderful.

Looks like Royal thinks it's a good enough port to spend $85 million to build a third terminal to accommodate an Oasis class ship. Hmmmm, sounds like Galveston is doing pretty well!

https://www.******************.com/boards/index.php?/topic/6844-galveston-nearing-deal-on-oasis-class-ship-new-terminal/

Oh that lousy port of Galveston. Fog, floods and an old ugly town.

Why do people have to be rude? I live close to Galveston and it is a wonderful island. I have sailed many times from there and NEVER had a problem.

Because he's an A S S

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 2:56 AM, Lottacruises said:

I wonder why the freedom didn't leave until 9 instead of 7?

late response 🙂 but I found out the reason was due to security. Once the ship was full of the passengers, we were expecting to leave around 6pm, even had muster at 5pm.

Found out later that we weren't given clearance to leave until after 8. We almost missed dinner waiting to watch the debark from the port. By the time we left, the streets and port seemed like they had not just flooded a few hours before. Amazing!

9 hours ago, Quilcruisers said:

late response 🙂 but I found out the reason was due to security. Once the ship was full of the passengers, we were expecting to leave around 6pm, even had muster at 5pm.

Found out later that we weren't given clearance to leave until after 8. We almost missed dinner waiting to watch the debark from the port. By the time we left, the streets and port seemed like they had not just flooded a few hours before. Amazing!

The water comes and goes quickly. 

I've had my share of late sail aways from Galveston due to various reasons. It's odd for it to be movie or dinner time and still be sitting at the dock. 

I hope you had a great cruise!