Transportation Seward to Anchorage

lakegirl16

Looking at options for transportation from Seward to Anchorage at the end of our cruise. When we cruised out of Whittier a couple of years ago, we took the big bus (ACT) from Anchorage to Whittier. It was fine. Looking at Anchorage Tours and Transport, who has a 26 passenger bus direct to the airport. Has anyone done this option?

If you want to add a night in Anchorage, the train runs between Seward and Anchorage has really nice views I read. Going towards Anchorage, it leaves about 6 p.m. and takes about 4 hours. It does stay dark late, so you would be able to still see. I am doing this the opposite way. Your cruise line may offer this at an earlier time.

We had planned on taking the train but it leaves Anchorage at 6:30 ish, so booked the bus instead. Not sure what the times are from Seward to Anchorage, but check below.

We have booked Anchorage Museum to Seward Windsong Lodge for $130 for the two of us.

3:00PM Anchorage Museum Arrive..... 5:45PM Seward Windsong Lodge

Fritha Breidinger Manager, Operations Alaska Tour & Travel/The Park Connection/AlaskaTrain.com 3900 Arctic Blvd Suite 304 Anchorage, Alaska 99503 www.AlaskaTravel.com www.AlaskaTrain.com www.AlaskaCoach.com email: fritha@alaskatravel.com Office: 800-208-0200 Direct: 907-550-0006

Thanks everyone. We're not interested in doing the train. I know it's beautiful, we just don't want to spend the 6 hours it takes to get to Anchorage. We're renting a car in Anchorage and staying the night at Alyeska in Girdwood.

Looking for someone with experience with the 26 passenger vans from Seward to Anchorage for a recommendation or thoughts over the motor coach.

Thanks very much!

Thanks everyone. We're not interested in doing the train. I know it's beautiful, we just don't want to spend the 6 hours it takes to get to Anchorage. We're renting a car in Anchorage and staying the night at Alyeska in Girdwood.

Looking for someone with experience with the 26 passenger vans from Seward to Anchorage for a recommendation or thoughts over the motor coach.

Thanks very much!

See my post #6...this link/company might work well for you..it certainly has for us.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2018 at 8:06 PM, lakegirl16 said:

Looking at options for transportation from Seward to Anchorage at the end of our cruise. When we cruised out of Whittier a couple of years ago, we took the big bus (ACT) from Anchorage to Whittier. It was fine. Looking at Anchorage Tours and Transport, who has a 26 passenger bus direct to the airport. Has anyone done this option?

Your ship likely offers transportation on a train, that is what I would do. The train ride is much more scenic than the drive.

I also suggest,   thinking about timing.   IF you aren't going to be a frequent traveler to Alaska and especially if you're only adding a few days,.   you may want to take more advantage of "Alaska"?   Seward has some fantastic touring and the wildlife jackpot tour  that a lot of people "expect" to see in Alaska.    Frankly,   this isn't the place to cheap out or sleep in.  :)     

Not for everyone,  but alternative options that some are interested in.   I want the "most" out of my frequent visits.   :)   

On 10/1/2018 at 9:19 PM, lakegirl16 said:

Thanks! We took this company two years ago and were happy. I was wondering if anyone had used this company that does the smaller 26 passenger bus.

https://www.akcruiseshuttle.com/transfer-tours/

Hi. Yes we used this company. We actually chartered the private shuttle. We were a party of 5 and had high hopes of being able to find others on our roll call to join us in the van, but we ended up being the only people in the van. I can't comment on the smaller bus, but as to the company. Thumbs up. We would definitely hire them again.

Our driver was very professional. He was a transplant to Alaska and had moved there about 5 years ago. He knew a lot about the area and talked about what we were seeing along the way. There was at least one stop included.

We stopped at a rest area, which was a welcome stop. Use the facilities and stretch just a bit. This area has two rest areas...one on each side of the highway so that no one has to make a left turn in or out of the rest area. Our driver did make that left turn though...he said that rest area had a nicer view and also he knew that the other rest area was where the other transfer buses would stop. Each stop has one building which is basically two large ADA accessible rooms under one roof. Doors open directly to the outside. Each room has one pit toilet. So...two unisex single room toilets for the everyone stopping at the rest area to use. Running water is scarce in AK...pit toilet type rest areas are common and they are well kept and as nice as such things can be. That's not the concern. The concern is more about how long that pit stop takes because of the limit of only two toilets for everyone on the shuttle AND anyone else who stops at the rest area.

Sure enough, there was a bus stopped at the other one and there was quite the line that had formed to be able to use the facilities...again, just the two pit toilets. I felt like we had a major advantage by taking a fewer passenger capacity vehicle for our transportation because our rest stop was able to be shorter with fewer people having to use the facilities. So, if the shuttle you are considering with 26 passengers is smaller than normal, I would consider that a great advantage. The pit stop shouldn't take forever.

Because we ended up being such a smaller group, and had such a fast stop, we were able to make one more stretch our legs stop at the Beluga Point, IIRC. We didn't walk all around...just literally stopped, got out of the van, stretched a bit, looked a bit and took a photo or two and then headed back out.

It's sad...but the only photos I have of our full group of 5 is from our shuttle driver taking them on our transfer to Anchorage from Seward!

Anyway...we had no complaints with this company. Again, IIRC, they are newer to the scene and because of that, don't have the history of reviews of some others. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.