NS Rolling Stones Rock Room

sevenseasnomad

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I guess my definition of "Rock" is broader than others.

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you, just you taste in music :classic_biggrin: 

I consider them Disco not Rock

Hey, better Gloria Gaynor and Abba then Tony Orlando and Barry Manalow... 

59 minutes ago, hexdragon said:

Oh, by the way, the video in Copper10-8 post needs more cowbell.... :classic_laugh:

Yep, they should hire Will Ferrell. 

FWIW, the music in the video is promoted as Classic Rock. Abba, Gloria Gaynor?

Try Zeppelin,  Yes, Hendrix, Crosby, Still, Nash, Pink Floyd, and many others. 

Of course Blue Oyster Cult doing Fear the Reaper.

• Like 1

From CC reporters on Nieuw Statendam re: Rolling Stone Rock Room:

We're curious to see the reaction to Rolling Stone Rock Room when the ship launches. The "venue" is spacious and well laid out -- with a large dance floor in front of the stage and plenty of seating -- but we'd like to see some connection to the line's partnership with Rolling Stone -- such as dedicated artwork or signage.

Yes, I just read the other thread.  Why is it that no one at corporate knows there is a dance floor in this venue?  Very strange.  The MDR, however, is identical to K.  I was hoping for NS's interior design to be different and a signature for this particular ship.  Alas, I may feel as though I'm doing a repeat cruise on the K with almost every feature the same.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

Love that there is a dance floor. But it's still baffling that the ship's premier music space, with a large dance floor (The Queen's Lounge), is being used for Lincoln Center. Why not put Lincoln Center across from Rudi's (instead of Billboard), since that type of music only requires a nice seating area and would actually be a welcome intrusion to someone's dinner? 

8 minutes ago, stickey_mouse said:

Love that there is a dance floor. But it's still baffling that the ship's premier music space, with a large dance floor (The Queen's Lounge), is being used for Lincoln Center. Why not put Lincoln Center across from Rudi's (instead of Billboard), since that type of music only requires a nice seating area and would actually be a welcome intrusion to someone's dinner? 

Only HAL's Director of Entertainment Bill Prince knows the answer to that one

I've been saying for a couple years have the koningsdam entertainment layout needs to be changed. I've been on the ship 4 times and the bar area across from sel de mar is always empty after around 7:30 p.m. when everyone goes to dinner. The other thing that is lacking for the entertainment is the games and karaoke excetera that they used to do. The cruise director said there's just no venue for it anymore and the only time they can do game shows is when BB King's is on a night off.

I am just speculating but I'm thinking that because Lincoln stage usually ends quite early, having the Queen's Lounge open would give them the space to do some other evening entertainment that they haven't been able to do on the koningsdam.  

Unfortunately for me I will be on the koningsdam cruise just before  dry dock so I won't get to see the new layout and entertainment Style until the spring