Regal late dining times

figmentdj

I am on the Ruby in December and they changed the ”late” traditional seating to 7:15 on that ship too!!  The early seatings are 4:45 and 5!  That is nuts.  We were supposed to dine at 6 and they moved us to 5.  So I just updated our dining to the 7:15 time.  I think there are going to be lots of upset people when they see those REALLY early times.

• Thanks 1

Is it because the typical Princess Cruiser is getting "older", whatever that means? Too many complains about missing shows, maybe?

I'm gonna feel rushed after spending a day on the Lido deck or ashore and then needing o get dressed for dinner. I can't imagine the early diners eating at 4:45. I would've just finished my afternoon snack.

Just got off a Carnival Cruise and late seating was 8:15. 

Sorry I’m not that old and not eating at 4:45 or 5 pm.  Just changed all my bookings to 7:15.  I’m on the Crown in 2 weeks and seems like this change will cause lots of havoc.  Also this was just done today as I check my bookings daily especially when I’m 2 weeks out.  My spring cruise had me down for 4:45.  Way too early.

Didn't mean to imply we or you are old. But Princess does skew to the older demographic. But I agree 4:45 is way too early. I noticed a lot of folks not eating at second seating but now there's gonna a fight for those tables.

Edited by figmentdj

*****! Both Sapphire & Star times changed from 6 to 5!! Just so everyone knows, New Zealand cruise is still 6pm for me. I actually want 6-6:30 so will switch to 7:15 if Princess PCC confirm that the switch isn't a typo

1 minute ago, figmentdj said:

Didn't mean to imply we or you are old. But Princess does skew to the older demographic. But I agree 4:45 is way too early. I noticed a lot of folks not eating at second seating but now there's gonna a fight for those tables.

No problem.  Yes early TD was very coveted.  But I just went and changed all my cruises to late TD.  I bet that ATD will become very popular too.  I might have to do that it’s my friend who can’t eat late for medical reasons.

6pm was wait listed but now it's wide open. I've changed to 7:15. PCC suggested ADT and then seeing if I could get a confirmed seating at 7pm. But I'm fine @ 7:15. Not fine at 5 or 4:45. 😞Will monitor carefully as they are only changing some ships and anticipate a change back when this doesn't work

I had the earliest seating. (now 4:45 ???) because that was in the one Anytime dining room, that then began seating Anytime dining after this first seating....   I didn't want to be back down in the TD dining room.  I liked this dining room better, as well as being able to go right there off the Atrium, and not having to go back to the TD dining room.   (our cabin is forward)

The times of the shows and evening activities is also a factor.  Wonder if these will be adjusted any?

Now I am not sure what to do...

Looks like the decision is either switch to Anytime (hoping to request a set early seating, but NOT 4:45!). or maybe the early traditional.  But that is only a 15 min. difference.

11 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

seating times fascinate me. so for those that eat late i must ask when did you eat lunch and when do you go to bed?

We eat lunch around 1 to 1:30. We shoot for 7:00 to eat dinner but usually come in closer to 7:30 or 8. When we are in South Florida we usually meet friends for dinner around 7:15 to 7:30 which means we don't eat until at least 8. We go to bed any time between 11 and midnight. You didn't ask but we usually wake up in the morning between 6:45 and 7 AM.

What time do you normally eat and sleep? :classic_wink:

Edited by hllwdcruiser

10 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

We eat lunch around 1 to 1:30. We shoot for 7:00 to eat dinner but usually come in closer to 7:30 or 8. When we are in South Florida we usually meet friends for dinner around 7:15 to 7:30 which means we don't eat until at least 8. We go to bed any time between 11 and midnight. You didn't ask but we usually wake up in the morning between 6:45 and 7 AM.

What time do you normally eat and sleep? :classic_wink:

assuming on a ship: bfast may or may not happen depending if its port day or sea day. port day id want to be up and eat before leaving the ship. lunch would totally depend  on the port and what i'm doing. food takes back chair to sightseeing. 

on sea day i'm definitely going to avail myself of sabatinis for the 1st time so i think they close by 9. so id have bfast by 9. depending how stuffed i am id do lunch 12 to 1230 ish. planned dinner depends on hunger. coudl be 5 if im starving . then you would have time for a snack in IC or on the lido deck before bed. 

i'm assuming those who eat at 8 did stay up later cause how else would you have time to eat more food. now if we were home no way in heck could i ever maintain that hour. i'm in bed after 9 most nights since up early for work. so 6 would be dinner.