NEXT CRUISE

RC Tim

Sorry if this is a repeated topic, I tried to search for it and could not find the subject. I am wondering if there is any real benefit of booking our next cruise on board at the NEXT CRUISE location? I have my eyes on the next trip we want to take, but also see the prices rise as the months tick away. Has anyone found a real value to booking while on your cruise, verses booking early anyway. 

We tend to book a year out at least as it is.

Thanks

We just booked onboard two weeks ago for a cruise next December (7-night) and received $200 in OBC and the deposit was reduced from $500 to $200. The only other benefit is that it is a lot easier to pick the cabin you want onboard than through their website (the agent has visibility to all available cabins - the website only shows you a few at a time).

• Like 1

Similar to previous responses.  We typically have a half dozen cruises reserved at any given time, sometimes for 4 or more people, so the reduced deposit helps.  It also helps having the agent showing us the locations of various cabins available for larger groups - possibly inside, OV and balconies all needed for one cruise.  Sometimes, OBC offers can factor in.  And, of course, we check for price reductions until final payment.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

6 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

If you book onboard can you transfer to a T/A?  Will the T/A requires a full deposit?

Yes, our TA always gets our "Next Cruise" reservations.  No extra deposit required.  If you booked the current cruise through your TA the new Next Cruise reservation can automatically go to the same TA.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

You only get a cheaper deposit if you book a non refundable rate

I think I read somewhere (probably here) that either the reduced deposit or the OBC for non-refundable bookings was also going away this year - can't remember which :classic_sad:

Edited by orville99

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I think I read somewhere (probably here) that either the reduced deposit or the OBC for non-refundable bookings was also going away this year - can't remember which 😞

The extra OBC for non-refundable bookings is going (or has gone) away.    There will still be OBC for non-refundable bookings, just not as much as before.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The extra OBC for non-refundable bookings is going (or has gone) away.    There will still be OBC for non-refundable bookings, just not as much as before.

I believe the automatic $100 on board credit for a non-refundable booking (whether onboard or elsewhere) is scheduled to end on November 1, though as with every other Royal Caribbean promotion that could be extended.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure which or when. We booked Rhapsody for December 2019 when we were on Oasis at the end of September, and the OBC ($100/pp) and reduced deposit ($100/pp) were still there.

3 hours ago, cmich068 said:

I believe the automatic $100 on board credit for a non-refundable booking (whether onboard or elsewhere) is scheduled to end on November 1, though as with every other Royal Caribbean promotion that could be extended.

The one that end October 31 is the OBC given for booking a cruise that is more than 6 months out- AND if you have one already booked and you re-price it you will lose that OBC