Portable fan

LAC2

I posted this on my Roll Call, but thought I might receive more information, as well.

Being a woman of a certain age, I use a small (8") fan after showering and while drying my hair.  When I don't use a fan my hair just won't dry completely and it's difficult to finish my makeup with a dewy face.  

Does anyone know if I can bring a portable fan on-board in my carry-on luggage?   Appreciate the advise.

DH always sleeps with a fan.  Always in checked luggage between clothes for padding because he doesn’t want to deal with it in his carry-on.  Never had a problem.   

Edited by CATGUY7
Added info

I have always taken a small fan for both air and white noise.  I usually carry in in checked luggage and have never had a problem with Princess (Disney takes it away!).

I bring a small(4-inch) fan sold at Walmart for under $10.00.  It works perfectly for my needs.  

I bring a fan often too.  It takes so long to blow dry my hair that I need that extra cool air blowing on me or I end up too hot.  I've bought a few through Amazon.  The one I like the best collapses flat.  It's very lightweight and blows enough to keep me cool.  I bring an extra European outlet plug (two-prong kind) and plug it into the desk outlet and then plug the fan into it.  I use the other US outlet for my blow dryer.  (I never use Princess' - it doesn't work when straightening my hair).

Amazon collapsible fan

In 20 cruises I have had two fans taken away from me.   One was in my luggage and I got called down to the naughty room.   After that I started putting it in my carry on luggage.  For quite a few cruises I never had a problem.  Two years ago in San Pedro while going thru security they spotted it in my carry on luggage and took it from me.  Last spring on the Caribbean princess I had no problem carrying a fan on...

Have brought one of these on the last 15 or so sailings.  $14 at WallyWorld, always in the carry on bag. Give it to your room steward when done.

Cruise Fan.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

On Brilliance of the seas Trans Atlantic last month.

Edited by L454S