Hand carry (roll) suitcase on board?

coldinerie

After 25 years of cruising, I have never hand carried my bag on board. I don't expect to gain access to the ship before 130 pm, so I was thinking of rolling my bag on myself. Its a typical large bag, 'under the belly' of the plane type. Can I do this? 

According to CCL's website, you can carry on any luggage that is no bigger than 16 in. high and 24 in wide (length doesn't matter).  If you lay your suitcase down like it's going through a scanner, just measure it - if it is no more than the measurements given, it will fit through their scanner.

As a side note, porters will sometimes insist that you have to check luggage that size - actually in Tampa a porter told us we couldn't carry on our middle size luggage and we needed to give it to him.  We just smiled and said no thank you.

We always carry our medium sized suitcases on board.  Just keep in mind that it takes a long time to get an elevator, especially dragging a suitcase.  We've carried ours up several flights of stairs and Lido deck is a long way when you're carrying a suitcase & backpack up from deck 3.