Brilliance aft balcony questions

We're looking at a Brilliance cruise from Tampa in  April 2019. There are a couple of aft balconies available.

We sailed on Serenade in an aft balcony in 2010, but I must not have saved my usual file folder full of info.

I appreciate any comments or suggestions. 1 cabin is deck 7 and 1 is deck 8.

Thanks,

Barb

1 hour ago, barb in ga said:

We're looking at a Brilliance cruise from Tampa in  April 2019. There are a couple of aft balconies available.

We sailed on Serenade in an aft balcony in 2010, but I must not have saved my usual file folder full of info.

I appreciate any comments or suggestions. 1 cabin is deck 7 and 1 is deck 8.

Thanks,

Barb

Aft as in facing rear or towards back of ship? List cabin numbers or location and some will help...

The cabins are 7676 and 8172. My memory of the aft facing balcony on Serenade was a very deep balcony, partly shaded by the floor above. We aren't sun bathers, so we liked being able to sit in the shade and read. These are both aft facing, andI'm wondering if it's the same configuration.

Barb

1 hour ago, barb in ga said:

The cabins are 7676 and 8172. My memory of the aft facing balcony on Serenade was a very deep balcony, partly shaded by the floor above. We aren't sun bathers, so we liked being able to sit in the shade and read. These are both aft facing, andI'm wondering if it's the same configuration.

Barb

We recently did a TA in 9660 and it was fantastic.  Huge balcony with 2 loungers & 2 chsirs plus a small table, half covered. Spent many hours there.  Enjoy !

Have been in a few aft balconies on Radiance class ships. Agree that decks 8 and 9 are the better choice for a better chance at quiet.....not guaranteed.

We have stayed in a deck 7 aft and still had a great cruise. Yes, you could hear the lounge below, but it didn't keep me up. Would stay in one on 7 again. Deck 10 has a few, but some people say the folks at the buffet terrace(rear) can look down on them, etc.........never tried deck 10 yet, but I will try.

Yes, the balconies are BIGGER, but you have a farther walk to your room from the elevators. We like them.

This is Brilliance OTS 9658 last month in Amsterdam.

IMG_0354.jpeg

IMG_6071.jpeg

Edited by L454S

Love the aft balconies - have 7172 on Serenade next week and can't wait.  Just sitting outside at night, looking at the stars and wake behind you is awesome.  Only problem with deck 7 is that hubby has a long walk and multiple flights to climb every morning to get my coffee so I can drink it on the balcony.  

• 3 months later...

Love the Aft (true aft/wake) cabins on all four Radiance sisters and prefer the corner cabins, with 9256 or 1100 as our favorites.  

Aft cabins in the middle are too dark for us with too much overhang, feels like a cave to me.  Good for those avoiding the sun, but the DH loves his full sun.