A .... Timely Question to Fall Back on....

amypete

Random thought as we are in the less than two weeks and counting phase of our next cruise! We will be sailing off of California on the Ruby. Daylight Savings Time switches back to "Fall Back" for most of the US on that Sunday, November 4th. So we get an extra hour on board! Am wondering what time ship time is - is it Pacific Time since we are off of California? Does it "Fall Back"? Just curious. Doesn't matter a whole lot, I'll be on a ship where it is whatever time it is!

18 minutes ago, amypete said:

is it Pacific Time since we are off of California?

yes.

Right now, Pacific Time is called Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

When the clocks change, Pacific time will be called Pacific Standard Time (PST)

That’s what I thought. Wasn’t sure how far out that time zone went! I know I could have checked online somewhere but I appreciate your answer and either way, we get an extra hour of vacation! Thanks so

much. It’s always such a shock when the time switches and it’s dark so early that it will really be a surprise  when we get back to the Midwest a week later. 

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Ship time follows local time. On the first night you will set the clocks back 1 hour.

Most of the time, Princess ships have their time match local time. Not always. On our Panama Canal partial, the ship stayed on EST in Costa Rica, which was on CST. 

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

Most of the time, Princess ships have their time match local time. Not always. On our Panama Canal partial, the ship stayed on EST in Costa Rica, which was on CST. 

Interesting. On our trip, we had to set our clocks back the night before Costa Rica, then forward again the next night. We changed clocks a total of 4 times during the cruise, plus a 3 hour time difference from our home to Fort Lauderdale. We are finally getting sorted out! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1