Sofa Beds

V_icki_e

Hi all,

I've been getting conflicting information from Princess, so am wondering if anyone knows whether the sofa beds are consistent with the new luxury beds that Princess has rolled out?  I am aware that the sofa beds don't fold out like a regular sofa bed and that the size is quite small (167cm x 145cm - too bad I'm 182cms!)  I'm hoping that even though I won't fit the sofa bed, that at least it will be super comfy 😉  I'm on the Majestic in just under 4 weeks.  Any clues or suggestions most appreciated.  Cheers. 

8 hours ago, V_icki_e said:

Hi all,

I've been getting conflicting information from Princess, so am wondering if anyone knows whether the sofa beds are consistent with the new luxury beds that Princess has rolled out?  I am aware that the sofa beds don't fold out like a regular sofa bed and that the size is quite small (167cm x 145cm - too bad I'm 182cms!)  I'm hoping that even though I won't fit the sofa bed, that at least it will be super comfy 😉  I'm on the Majestic in just under 4 weeks.  Any clues or suggestions most appreciated.  Cheers. 

Not that we have seen in the last 3 cruise. They are the same thin sofa bed pads.  😕

We were not on the Majestic but I wouldn't count on it.  

• Thanks 1

My sister did not complain on the Royal in 2016.  She thought it was comfortable.  I get stuck with the sofa bed next March (we take turns)  Mom/daughter cruise. 

I don't think the new Princess mattresses can be bent into the couch.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Well I'm back and can report that the sofa beds are uninspiring (to say the least).  We sailed Majestic Princess last week and were in a full suite.  The sofa bed didn't fold out completely flat so as well as being a bit unstable, it was sunken slightly in the middle.  There were no mattress toppers for it due to it's wierd size (neither single nor double) and the Majestic didn't have the eggshell toppers either.  There were 3 in our suite but only 2 of everything was supplied - quickly remedied in most cases by our steward - but there was no additional timber outdoor deck furniture available for a 3rd guest.  So only 2 outdoor loungers, 2 chairs at the table, etc.  Quite disappointing for the amount of money we paid for our special family trip.   Although 3 people can easily fit into a full suite, I wouldn't spend the money it next time.  2 interconnecting balconies for us in 2019 :-)