Holiday Inn Express- 17th Street Ft. L. -OK?

j3000

OP - You should ask the moderators to change the title of this thread since it matches a current thread of yours but the topic is a different HIE.  And, regarding this different HIE, you have a non-existent address in your question.  Are you talking about 1150 State Road 84 or 1500 W Commercial Blvd?

huh?

I hope they exist..here's the address on my email confirmation from the hotel:

Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport
1500 SE 17th Street Causeway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

I'm sorry - wheres the mistake in my thread question?

And, which other thread does it match?

Edited by jargey3000

47 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

I'm a little worried now...

Have I been scammed somehow....by a website for a non-existent hotel....

as capuccino ponts out....???

Not to worry.  This hotel is valid.  You can verify this by going to the Holiday Inn website.

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

I'm a little worried now...

Have I been scammed somehow....by a website for a non-existent hotel....

as capuccino ponts out....???

Jargey - I'm so sorry I caused you distress by my mistake of confusing the Holiday Inn Express with the Extended Stay you had asked about earlier!  The HIE on 17th Street is in a very good location (lots of nearby restaurants, stores, etc.) and they are just finishing up some major additions.  From their website:  "A change is coming. We are currently adding 69 new guest rooms, a pool, meeting space, and a three-level parking garage. All renovations are being done outside of the hotel. Our parking garage should be available for long-term parking by November 1, 2018... and our additional guest rooms will also be available for arrivals by November 1, 2018."

Edited by capriccio

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed at 17th St. Causeway precruise last week.  The renovations are NOT ready.  I'm not picky but the first room had a horrible odor from some type of deodorizer they used and I requested a different room.  It was okay.  I would not stay there again.  Employees are very nice though.

6 hours ago, JamesEM said:

For one night the place is OK, but I would not recommend staying there any longer, the Hyatt and Embassy Suites up the street are better choices.

Absolutely!  When I made the reservation the renovation was supposed to be ready by November.  It's just very old and worn.  And for gosh sake don't take the shuttle.  Took us 45 minutes to get to pier 19.  Always have done Uber an I don't know what happened to my brain.  A bus big enough for a cross country trip with 20 people it.  And it was late.