Ovation late arrival in Fremantle.

megsie

Just had a quick look to see if Ovation had arrived in Australia (Fremantle). Was due in at 8.00 am and leave at 17.00 (WA time) but now the expected time of arrival is 14.45 and departure at 23.00 (WA time). Hope all is ok on her. 

Our friends aboard told us they had to turn back and go north east to Exmouth for a medivac, the helicopter took nearly an hour to get them off after a few attempts (wind).

They were told by the Captain that they were to arrive at 4.30pm and a 11pm departure and that they would sail at 21.5 knots to try and arrive earlier.

There were people disembarking and others embarking in Fremantle.

Thanks for that information. I was hoping it wasn’t a propulsion problem as we cruise on her in Nov.

But feel sorry that someone had to be medivaced off and hope they are ok.

We were on a cruise on Radiance, just off Coff’s Harbour in windy conditions when a patient was transferred by helicopter to hospital.

Ths skills of the helicopter crew landing the helicopter onboard and the Captain was amazing as the ship kept moving at slow speed. 

We are currently on the Ovation and have just arrived in Freemantle at 4pm. The ship is now departing at 8pm so we will have plenty of time to explore.

The sick passenger was winched into the helicopter at 7am yesterday morning

Edited by cruisine21

24 minutes ago, cruisine21 said:

We are currently on the Ovation and have just arrived in Freemantle at 4pm. The ship is now departing at 8pm so we will have plenty of time to explore.

The sick passenger was winched into the helicopter at 7am yesterday morning

Thanks for the update, I wonder why they have said the time is 8pm, our friends are posting that it is all aboard at 10.30pm for the 11pm departure.

I took an hour or so off work to see her come in this afternoon.

Without putting a stopwatch on it, Ovation arrived at about 3 pm WST and took about half an hour to berth, as she entered the harbour and turned around so she would face the exit on departure.

There was a fairly stiff sea breeze blowing, and it was going to get worse, so I can understand it was easier to do it immediately rather than at night.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Thanks for the update, I wonder why they have said the time is 8pm, our friends are posting that it is all aboard at 10.30pm for the 11pm departure.

Sorry my mistake. All aboard at 10:30pm departure 11:00pm. Unfortunately a lady in the lift has said she has to get off and fly home to Brisbane as her mother has passed away.

8 hours ago, cruisine21 said:

Sorry my mistake. All aboard at 10:30pm departure 11:00pm. Unfortunately a lady in the lift has said she has to get off and fly home to Brisbane as her mother has passed away.

What a shame for her, she must have been very stressed trying to get off the ship and have flights especially with the late arrival and such.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:34 AM, MicCanberra said:

What a shame for her, she must have been very stressed trying to get off the ship and have flights especially with the late arrival and such.

Yes Mic. She was very upset. That was 8pm when she received the news