Labadee with 2 and 4 year olds

We will be visiting Labadee with a 2 year old and a 4 year old.  Is there a Splash Zone sort of area for that age group?  Also if there is any information about the Adventure Ocean on Labadee I would appreciate it.  I posted this question in the Private Island section, but thought not as many people would see it.  

Your "non potty-trained" kids can certainly go into any beach area they want.  There is very little "surf"...just a gentle lapping of water on the shore.  No special area needed for the young ones!  Yes...Adventure Ocean does have activities for the 4 year old on the beach....the 2 year old isn't old enough to participate.

7 minutes ago, puggylicious said:

We will be visiting Labadee with a 2 year old and a 4 year old.  Is there a Splash Zone sort of area for that age group?  Also if there is any information about the Adventure Ocean on Labadee I would appreciate it.  I posted this question in the Private Island section, but thought not as many people would see it.  

just got back from an Oasis sailing with a 3 and 6 year old, they loved the stop in Labadee! Chose Nellie's Beach as there are less rocks and sharp shells at this beach (if any) compared to the other one.

my oldest did the adventure ocean on board but not at Labadee so can't help with that one... I saw some stuff about a character tour though. 

We went to Columbus Cove with our 4 and 2 1/2 year old in February. 

The beach was was very calm, and not crowded. It’s the furthest away from the pier. 

There was also a small splash pad on the walk there. 

B9B04F4F-B91E-48B7-9EC9-E11E3C2DE7FC.jpeg

8722CD69-F3B8-4B5B-A3E5-B8E643EAB9B7.jpeg

62F2045A-D675-4C4D-B9B3-FD1AEE9E6D70.jpeg

5420EA13-24C9-4A22-80E3-3043FE488CB9.jpeg

Columbus cove was a great area for my 3 & 5 year olds last May. Calm waters & no rocks. You can catch a ferry over from the dock. 

The kids splash pad area pictured in a previous post was great fun for the kids!

From what I’ve read, Adventure Ocean doesn’t have planned activities for the kids on Labadee anymore (they previously did). They remain open on the ship though. 

We we had a great day there with the kids. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, wytygr8 said:

How do you know they’re not potty trained?

Ha! Good question, 2 of my 3 kids were Potty trained before age 2, even at nite. The other one did have few accidents at nite only. Trust me know how lucky I was...

On 10/29/2018 at 8:51 PM, wytygr8 said:

How do you know they’re not potty trained?

I'm not the one who made the comment, but it was probably just a likely guess, for the 2 year old at least.  I would imagine the 4 year old is potty trained.  The 2 year old certainly could be, but the odds are much smaller, unless we are talking about a 2 year old who is closer to 3 than 2.   No need for for others to reply about how THEIR child was potty trained by age 2, I know it happens; I'm just speaking from experience and going by the average age these days....I worked at a preschool for 18 years and could probably count on my two hands the number of kids who were FULLY potty trained (only counting daytime, by the way) by their second birthday.

20 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

I'm not the one who made the comment, but it was probably just a likely guess, for the 2 year old at least.  I would imagine the 4 year old is potty trained.  The 2 year old certainly could be, but the odds are much smaller, unless we are talking about a 2 year old who is closer to 3 than 2.   No need for for others to reply about how THEIR child was potty trained by age 2, I know it happens; I'm just speaking from experience and going by the average age these days....I worked at a preschool for 18 years and could probably count on my two hands the number of kids who were FULLY potty trained (only counting daytime, by the way) by their second birthday.

How many by 2 years and 11 months? 2 year old doesn’t mean just turned 2. At my son’s school, being potty trained by age 3 was a requirement.

Edited by wytygr8

11 minutes ago, wytygr8 said:

How many by 2 years and 11 months? 2 year old doesn’t mean just turned 2. At my son’s school, being potty trained by age 3 was a requirement.

Of course there's a difference between a kid who just turned 2 and one who is almost 3....that's why I made reference to that in my prior reply.  😉

My school didn't make it a hard and fast requirement to be trained by age 3.   With the exception of summer birthdays, the kids in the 2's classes all turned 3 at some point in the year and we certainly didn't want to have to kick someone out mid-year because they had a birthday but weren't quite there with the potty training.  As for starting a 3's class in the fall, we still didn't make it a firm requirement like many schools do, but it really wasn't necessary; since most kids had been 3 for some months by the time school started, 95% were trained by the time the school year began.  The 1 or 2 in a class that weren't usually followed in short order.  🙂