Anyone just off the Magic

jcool

We were on last week's sailing. We weren't staying on deck 2, but we were staying on deck 1, so we passed through 2 quite a bit walking up and down the stairs. We didn't notice any sort of foul smell. 

So I suppose it's possible the hallways leading to staterooms had a smell because we didn't walk them, but had it been that bad, I'm certain we would have caught a whiff going up and down the stairs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 8:42 PM, franniemae said:

I was on the 10-14 sailing in cabin 2276. We used the front, middle, and aft elevators every day. We never smelled anything. 

Hi Fannie,

We will be in cabin 2276 in January, our first cove.  I did a lot of research to find a cove without a life boat overhead.  It appears this one did not is that correct?  Sorry to hijack OP thread, but I was unable to PM you.

2 hours ago, scomar said:

Hi Fannie,

We will be in cabin 2276 in January, our first cove.  I did a lot of research to find a cove without a life boat overhead.  It appears this one did not is that correct?  Sorry to hijack OP thread, but I was unable to PM you.

No lifeboat above 2276 or 2272. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2018 at 12:26 PM, ctsharpie05 said:

This is our room # for our July trip! Any tips you can give me? 

We originally booked this cruise with 3 other couples. We booked 2268, 2272, 2276, 2280 so we could go between rooms through the interior doors and the balcony doors between 2272 and 2276. We booked these rooms so we would not be under the galley. Also, when sailing from Miami, I believe port side is best.

It ended up being only us and 2272 on the cruise. We did get the balcony open by going to guest services. It was wet most mornings. I love being so close to the water and it was so easy getting off for ports.

We did hear our neighbors with the door but they kept the TV on all the time. I've read you can put pillows in between the doors to help but we were barely there so it didn't matter. 

I didn't like how far we were from lido but all the stuff on 5 is awesome. Only sailed the Glory before this but I loved the Magic. I would definitely get this cabin again on any dream class ship.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise

Edited by franniemae
Had to change cabin number

Thanks so much for your review of cabin 2272, we will be right next door in 3 weeks in 2276.

I see where you say the balcony was wet most mornings, but did it stay dry during the day?  I know a lot of it depends on how rough the seas are.  We plan on asking the room steward to put pillows between the door, as we like our privacy.

Does the balcony get much sun?  See any sea life being so close to the water?  Did the balcony feel claustrophobic at all?  What deck do you tender from?

Can't wait to try out the cove balcony!!!

Thanks to zydeco for this photo. The cabins are 2268, 2272, 2276, 2280 in the box.

The balcony was damp. Just bring a towel to wipe off the wetness and more so, the salt.

I saw dolphins for the first time in the wild! 3rd cruise and had never seen any sea life. 

I never felt claustrophobic. But people too close trigger that for me, not spaces.

Tender and ports were 0 if I remember correctly. We had fttf so we usually met in the dining room.

Our muster was in the north dining room on 4.

IMG_20170704_202150.jpg