Carnival Breeze Internet

iamchrisstone

I generally get the Internet package on all of my cruises.  When I was on the NCL Getaway, I was BLOWN away by how good it was compared to all of my previous Carnival Cruises.  I was told that the Breeze has a little better Internet service over the older ships such as the Sunshine, Victor, Valor, etc due to better technology.  Does anyone know if this is true?  On Carnival, I always get the full premium package and usually feel like it's not worth it.  I tend to not learn my lesson LOL

Well I had a very different experience on the Breeze this September. I had the wifi package. Internet worked excellent for me. Used Facebook messenger to talk with family back home. I posted videos to instagram and facebook and while they were short. No more then a minute they uploaded in about 5 mins total. Every night I wrote a detailed journal entry on facebook and would post the photos with it and in less then 2 minutes it was posted. I found the wifi to be the best I had on any ship. So I was pleased with it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 919Florida said:

Well I had a very different experience on the Breeze this September. I had the wifi package. Internet worked excellent for me. Used Facebook messenger to talk with family back home. I posted videos to instagram and facebook and while they were short. No more then a minute they uploaded in about 5 mins total. Every night I wrote a detailed journal entry on facebook and would post the photos with it and in less then 2 minutes it was posted. I found the wifi to be the best I had on any ship. So I was pleased with it. 

Well, this is encouraging!!!

I was on Breeze last week. I purchased the middle tier package. iMessage and WiFi calling worked well. Emails with pictures or twitter posts with pictures took forever to load. It’s not totally useless but definitely behind the times. The WIFI on RC big ships and NCL big ships blows it away. On those ships I couldn’t tell a difference from being on Verizon network or my home internet.

Was on the Breeze for the 14day repossessioning cruise at at the end of September. I purchased the premium package. Overall I rate it as poor. Social Media sites seem to work well, I could even make phone calls on FB messenger  but beyond that it was very painful to use. Some site took several mins to fully load on my laptop and android tablet. I couldn't login to my bank account as I keep hitting the security timeout before I could get to the main page load. On the last day it took me over 30mins just to get checked in to my southwest flight. 

• Like 1

The Hub is free and works great. You can download the app at home and activate when you board. The hub app has ship maps, restaurant hours and built in Fun Times. For $5 per person extra you can buy a texting package only good for people who purchased it as well. 

I am currently on the Breeze. The wifi is dreadfully show. I upgraded to the more expensive premium package and it is just as slow. I have tried to use both my iPhone 7 Plus and laptop at various locations on the ship and it's no better. It takes forever to load a page. I have heard that they are upgrading soon. Do not rely on this if you need it for work. You can get an email out but as far as doing any searches or flipping back and forth between sites forget about it. I feel as if I am back to the old AOL dial up days. I do have to say the Carnival Hub messaging system for $5 does seem to work well for us. Other than the wifi we are having a great time on the ship.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:03 PM, NavarreCruiser said:

I am currently on the RCCL Allure of the Seas and the Voom internet is very good.  I was on the Breeze last month and only bought a few days of the basic package but it was painfully slow.

Not sure what the Allure has to do with the Breeze internet....

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not sure what the Allure has to do with the Breeze internet....

I was just comparing.  I cruised the Carnival Breeze in September and less than 1 month later was on the Allure of the Seas in October of this year.  That was pretty much obvious in my post.

Edited by NavarreCruiser

2 minutes ago, NavarreCruiser said:

I was just comparing.  I cruised the Carnival Breeze in September and less than 1 month later was on the Allure of the Seas in October of this year.  That was pretty much obvious in my post.

I got that you were on the ship, but was not making the reference as to what it had to do with the Breeze.  Breeze is considerably slower then Carnival’s newer technologies they have deployed as well.  That said, Op, it is slow....

13 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I got that you were on the ship, but was not making the reference as to what it had to do with the Breeze.  Breeze is considerably slower then Carnival’s newer technologies they have deployed as well.  That said, Op, it is slow....

I have been on a number of RCCL ships with "Voom" which is usually pretty good, but not always.  I have not been on a Carnival ship with the upgraded speed.  I would love to hear from a cruiser who has experienced both to see how they compare.