Are Sunshine O.V.cabins on Deck 5 noisy ?

AmberTeka

AND  I count myself lucky to have one of those cabins. Earplugs are easy to buy. I am just asking. Do you get a lot of motion from being aft? And I already plan to bring sea sick  pills.  I hope Christmas Decorations are up when we sail. Dec. 1,2018. Anyone knows?  Thank you.

Edited by AmberTeka

We were on the Sunshine in September, and my family members stayed in these rooms. When I popped in to visit in the evenings, they always seemed pretty quiet, even though there was music going on in the Ocean Plaza. They were actually a little more roomy than my balcony cabin up on deck 7. I didn't sleep in one of them though, although I didn't hear any complaints from family. I will say they were convenient for getting to the cruise ship activities on deck 5. My brother picked these rooms because they have fridges, and he said the ones on the lower decks didn't. 

It is really getting close to Sail Away Time.  I have been volunteering in the mid term elections, and that has made time fly. I am pretty sure some of the Christmas decorations are up, and I am looking forward to seeing them. And just not cooking, cleaning, putting up signs, getting out absentee ballots (I think I have folded, stamped. about a million)  Just sitting and reading and eating and playing trivia and seeing lovely places...…...Really looking forward to it.

You are going to love your deck 5 cabin!  Our first time sailing on the Sunshine we booked like within

15 or so days of sailing and did a TBA cabin.  We were assigned an OV on deck 5 and our PVP said

we had hit the jackpot!  I didn't know it at the time but we actually did.  We intentionally booked an OV on

deck 5 for a Thanksgiving cruise the next year and we have an aft balcony on deck 5 for our

February cruise (our first aft balcony and I'm so excited).

I have never noticed a lot more motion or noise on deck 5 but we normally always stay in aft cabins

so I may just not have much to compare it to.

16 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Be safe on the Sunshine! At least they will probably have all new plateware and glassware...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6342569/Carnival-Cruise-Line-apologizes-ship-lists-just-hours-leaving-Florida-port.html

I KNOW  what happened is NOT like the Concordia, but I do worry. I am thanking the Lord that if the next cruise out for the Sunshine has trouble, I have the insurance where I can cancel for any reason anytime and get almost all of my money back. HOPE   they get it fixed pronto!!  first time I bought it from Carnival. And I did not book Early Saver.  If. and I hope not, the cruise was cancelled for the Sunshine to be repaired...What happens?