Just Returned - Sea Princess - Around Australia

diane.in.ny

Thanks for taking the time to post you photos & descriptions. 

I’m on the Majestic in March, Sydney to Hong Kong & looking forward to my first cruise on a large Princess Ship...I’ve done many cruises 🚢 on Princess but nothing this large. 

Tom😎

14 hours ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for taking the time to post you photos & descriptions. 

I’m on the Majestic in March, Sydney to Hong Kong & looking forward to my first cruise on a large Princess Ship...I’ve done many cruises 🚢 on Princess but nothing this large. 

Tom😎

We've been on the Royal, our largest ship, and wasn't sure we'd like her. We loved her! Will be sailing on the Regal next year.

As for Sydney, if you'll be there for a few days, be sure to read my post on the Opal cards.

http://www.travelsnippetsandmore.com/search?q=opal

18 minutes ago, diane.in.ny said:

We've been on the Royal, our largest ship, and wasn't sure we'd like her. We loved her! Will be sailing on the Regal next year.

As for Sydney, if you'll be there for a few days, be sure to read my post on the Opal cards.

http://www.travelsnippetsandmore.com/search?q=opal

Thank you very much. I have 2 Opal Cards that I received from someone on CC which they didn’t need anymore which will be a big help. 

Good information about the Opal Card. 

Thanks again. 

Tom😎

28 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thank you very much. I have 2 Opal Cards that I received from someone on CC which they didn’t need anymore which will be a big help. 

Good information about the Opal Card. 

Thanks again. 

Tom😎

That was me :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:  didn't realize you were =that= Tom  🙂

Diane,

Upon reading your blog I noticed that Darwin was your second least favorite port.  I scanned your posts and couldn't tell your first least favorite port.  Can you identify you least favorite (and a quick why, maybe).  I think your blog explained why you were less than overwhelmed with Darwin.:classic_smile:

3 hours ago, USNA 72 said:

Diane,

Upon reading your blog I noticed that Darwin was your second least favorite port.  I scanned your posts and couldn't tell your first least favorite port.  Can you identify you least favorite (and a quick why, maybe).  I think your blog explained why you were less than overwhelmed with Darwin.:classic_smile:

Hi,

Least favorite is coming up soon ... Alotau PNG

Should be able to get it posted tomorrow

Well, I might as well chime in......Alotau, Papua New Guinea was my favorite port of our 28 days .. due to the snorkeling we did and the resort (Driftwood) that we visited, an excursion offered by the ship......the underwater viewing was beautiful even with an overcast sky, locals were friendly and attentive..meal served delicious. Disorganized yes..certainly bare bones ... but I did not have any expectations.....then again one of my favorite countries is India, so the environment of the island did not phase me....

Alotau is a place enriched with age-old culture and tradition, entertainment was provided at the dock locals dressed as traditional warriors performed.  The Alotau Cultural Festival, was an option to visit and those who I spoke to said they enjoyed it very much.

BTW.. On this visit to Australia, we spend 4 days at the GBR...and found the snorkeling at Milne Bay, unique and well worth our treasure and time.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:52 PM, land lover said:

Well, I might as well chime in......Alotau, Papua New Guinea was my favorite port of our 28 days .. due to the snorkeling we did and the resort (Driftwood) that we visited, an excursion offered by the ship......the underwater viewing was beautiful even with an overcast sky, locals were friendly and attentive..meal served delicious. Disorganized yes..certainly bare bones ... but I did not have any expectations.....

I guess next time  🙂