Canvas U Paint

mertziek

I discovered this activity on our recent cruise on the Pearl from San Diego through the Panama Canal and ending in Tampa. I am not artistic but what a great activity.  My paintings were ok.  It’s very popular and sells out quickly.  We had 6 sessions and I missed one due to it being sold out.  I’m looking forward to our next Transatlantic in the Getaway Haven and hoping our concierge can sign me up in advance for all sessions so I don’t miss any.  Two of my recent masterpieces....

5EE7E594-C08C-4FC8-A00F-3DC9BE37B069.jpeg

D10F864E-E363-4856-A56D-7154C8B5FD05.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, teehuge said:

I like the idea of this but wish the paintings were more associated with the cruise - palm tree, margarita, sandy beach, etc. That way it would be a unique souvenir.

I was hoping we would have a choice, I also want a beach theme painting.

1 hour ago, mertziek said:

I discovered this activity on our recent cruise on the Pearl from San Diego through the Panama Canal and ending in Tampa. I am not artistic but what a great activity.  My paintings were ok.  It’s very popular and sells out quickly.  We had 6 sessions and I missed one due to it being sold out.  I’m looking forward to our next Transatlantic in the Getaway Haven and hoping our concierge can sign me up in advance for all sessions so I don’t miss any.  Two of my recent masterpieces....

5EE7E594-C08C-4FC8-A00F-3DC9BE37B069.jpeg

D10F864E-E363-4856-A56D-7154C8B5FD05.jpeg

The flowers picture is awesome!!!!

On our Alaska Bliss cruise 3 of the 4 classes offered were associated with the cruise. I guess the tulips in vase is a standard on every itinerary. My 88 year old mom took all 4 classes. There was a whale tail and Northern Lights. I think the other one was a countryside but there was a glacier in the background. I did the Northern lights class with her. It was lots of fun! We signed up first day through the concierge with no problem.

Edited to add: Our instructor, Alex, was giving out some of his older paintings for souvenirs. There were a couple of beach scenes, one with a palm tree.

canvas by u.jpg

Edited by Aprille
  • Like 1

I love the picture Aprille posted - maybe because I'm the 88 year old mom. I really enjoyed those painting classes and hope I get to do some more on the Getaway in Feb. 2020.

Edited by sunsetsoon
to change hoping to hope
  • Like 2

I've done this on both the Dawn and the Getaway.  Lots of fun.  Though the poor guy on the Getaway admitted he's not artistic and has never seen a sunflower in person.  It made for a more frustrating time for those who had little experience with painting.  Dawn's painting were northern lights, palm tree, tulips, and... can't remember the 4th, but that was over a year ago.  Getaway on October was palm tree, tulips, northern lights, and the sunflower.  

20181013_133428.jpg

20170907_103712.jpg

• Like 1

We did all four sessions on the Bliss

We spoke with Julie Valeriote who was on our Bliss cruise to Alaska (former cruise director, now corporate [something] overseeing on board programming). She said that they are licensed to do certain pictures and try to select them based on region sailed. 

Paintings like Ike tulips we have seen on most cruises. Paintings like the whale tail were offered on the Alaska cruise. 

2 hours ago, Junes said:

We did this last year on the Getaway- so much fun! Does anyone know if they have this on the Escape? Going in February.

Yes they do. I'm on the Jan 20th sailing and that will be my first stop....To sign up for as many classes as I can 🙂

• 4 years later...
On 11/6/2018 at 6:43 PM, Aprille said:

On our Alaska Bliss cruise 3 of the 4 classes offered were associated with the cruise. I guess the tulips in vase is a standard on every itinerary. My 88 year old mom took all 4 classes. There was a whale tail and Northern Lights. I think the other one was a countryside but there was a glacier in the background. I did the Northern lights class with her. It was lots of fun! We signed up first day through the concierge with no problem.

Edited to add: Our instructor, Alex, was giving out some of his older paintings for souvenirs. There were a couple of beach scenes, one with a palm tree.

canvas by u.jpg

Here's mine, 4 years later.  Guess they haven't changed the demo in awhile.

NornLites.jpg

• Like 1