Carnival Journey Questions

vicky3vicky

We did a 13 day Panama Canal last January. We were at the younger end of the demographics (late 40's). There were only around ~24 kids ages18 and younger on board. One thing that I really enjoyed was getting to know the crew. With more days together, we really got to know and appreciate them. This is also the first cruise that we even noticed the CD. Maybe it was because he is special (MarQ)?

(Just my observation) The amount of platinum and diamonds compared to blues, reds,and gold's was crazy (i'm guessing 2/3). I noticed people cutting into lines saying 

"Well,I am platinum", others saying,  "so, so am I". (Ha Ha!). My son commented to me,that when so many people are priority (for anything), there is no priority. Makes sense. Disembarkation from the ship was a joke. I believe one perk of being priority is leaving the ship at your leisure (?) We are not there yet, so I don't know.  Our schedule time to disembark was like 1000. At 1300 we finally walked off as to not miss our flight. Will I do another Journey's Cruise? You bet! I loved the longer cruise and seeing the more out-of-the way places. Getting to know the crew was great. Now, I just need to find the next great Journey! Happy sailing.

• Like 1

We did the 15 day Hawaii Journey cruise last Dec of 2017.  Love, love loved it.  We just booked the one you are going on (Breeze Nov 2 2019)  On our Hawaii cruise, they did some island related crafts, Hawaiian dance lessons, other dance classes, a naturalist lecturer, another lecturer - anatomy of fun, much much more.  Food nor shows were repetitive.  Yes there were more diamonds & platinums. More people our age (60+)  Like someone else said, we made life long friends because of the longer cruise.

I am looking forward to the 14 days, we will most likely treat some of the port days as sea days.  We've done San Juan & Gr Turk a few times & will just relax for those 2.

See ya on board, I have also joined the roll call.  Annette & Lloyd

Glad I found this thread since we are currently looking into booking a Journey cruise in 2020.  I was excited to see the ones out of Barcelona since I've always wanted to do that until I looked into flights to GET to Barcelona and thought the 14 day on the Breeze would be more reasonable.   Would LOVE to ready any trip reports for this.

We just got off of the Breeze Journey's cruise. We had a great time. There is an older crowd. They said the average age was 65. One night I noticed at least five security officers hanging around the outside of the night club. We I looked inside there were maybe 15 older people in there dancing. I laughed thinking they don't need to card them and they weren't going to start trouble. There were somewhere around 400 to 500 Diamond and 1,100 Platinum members if I remember correctly. We had a great time although we did feel that the quality of the food has gone downhill. 

10 hours ago, familyoutdoors said:

We did a 13 day Panama Canal last January. We were at the younger end of the demographics (late 40's). There were only around ~24 kids ages18 and younger on board. One thing that I really enjoyed was getting to know the crew. With more days together, we really got to know and appreciate them. This is also the first cruise that we even noticed the CD. Maybe it was because he is special (MarQ)?

(Just my observation) The amount of platinum and diamonds compared to blues, reds,and gold's was crazy (i'm guessing 2/3). I noticed people cutting into lines saying 

"Well,I am platinum", others saying,  "so, so am I". (Ha Ha!). My son commented to me,that when so many people are priority (for anything), there is no priority. Makes sense. Disembarkation from the ship was a joke. I believe one perk of being priority is leaving the ship at your leisure (?) We are not there yet, so I don't know.  Our schedule time to disembark was like 1000. At 1300 we finally walked off as to not miss our flight. Will I do another Journey's Cruise? You bet! I loved the longer cruise and seeing the more out-of-the way places. Getting to know the crew was great. Now, I just need to find the next great Journey! Happy sailing.

Your son is very wise.  Going thru priority on a journey cruise is like hitting a freeway at rush hour lol.  I was at a Florida port for a journey and went past the priority check in that looked like a mob scene from a Godzilla movie. My wife needed to use the rest room so we walked over to the normal checking where i knew there were rest rooms.  The line was 10 deep.  I decided just go there and 5 minutes i was checked in.   So being Gold on a journey is a plus.  lol  

• Like 1