Questions about the differences in cabins

txflood33

So I do understand the general basics....

Interior...inside cabin with no windows

Ocean view...you get a window(possibly just a porthole) to look outside

Veranda/Concierge.....this is a balcony cabin and I believe are the same size...maybe some difference between S & M class ships....I think Concierge has some extra perks

Aqua....same cabin as Veranda/Concierge but better location on the ship(subjective) and access to Blu, Persian Gardens, and some other perks

Suites....a few different levels I believe, comes with a butler, Luminae(sp)

What is the difference when I see others discussing A1, A2, etc. Where does that fall into cabin categories?

Also....since we are discussing cabins, what is the real added between Aqua and a Suite? They both have their own restaurant and I assume the cabin is larger and a larger balcony. I ask about the suite differences because the cruise I am currently booked on has a huge difference in price between Aqua and Suite....$3149/pp for Aqua or $6899/pp for a suite. I'm just trying to see what I'm missing with a suite pushing almost double the price. 

While I love Aqua Class, the reality is that they are generally in the worst locations on the ship (except for the cabins on Deck 11 on M class).  Many of us think they created Aqua Class specifically to better sell those cabins.  I am a fan of their restaurant, Blu, which serves breakfast and dinner in a more intimate setting than the main dining room.

The difference within categories almost always refers to location (and possibly to an obstructed view).  Many people feel the higher the floor the better (I am not among them BTW).

Suites have a lot going for them but for our taste and budget, they are priced higher than we think is a good value.  Suites come with a bigger cabin and balcony, better storage, bathtubs in addition to shower heads, and a butler.  Our personal opinion is that we like the food in Blu better than the suite restaurant, Luminae, but many don't agree with me.  Suites include access to Michaels Club, an intimate little bar area which includes free drinks and a concierge to help you book things, take care of issues, etc..  Sometimes there is live entertainment in there for a few hours but not always.  Suites also generally come with all four perks (unlimited internet, premium beverage package, onboard credit, and gratuities) which is nice, but you can often get at least one and many times two or more perks from Celebrity combined with Travel Agent perks.  

Edited by phoenix_dream

When you see a 1 or 2 after a letter this simply designates the location and desirability of cabin.   A1 and A2 are Aqua Class Cabins and the A1's have a more desirable location like AFT cabins.   They are generally the same size room but sometimes there are hump decks that are where the ship widens and the balconies are about 1 1/2 x the size of a regular veranda. 

The main difference of Suite Class is that you have access to Michael's Club (with entertainment, a courtesy staffed bar and a nice private lounge).    Also unless a repositioning cruises the Suites usually come with all 4 perks.  You also have a Suites only Concierge to take care of all your needs like dining reservations, future cruise bookings (done in Michaels Club), excursions etc.     You also have a butler in addition to your room steward and a Suites Manager incase you have any problems.   

Suites are also larger than a standard room and the SkySuites have a bathtub.   The other suits all have a separate bedroom with a door and substantially more space.  

My opinion is the Luminea Dining room is more elegant and more space between tables.   In a suite you can also eat in Blu on a space available basis.   

So I do understand the general basics....

Interior...inside cabin with no windows

On Celebrity, yes

Ocean view...you get a window(possibly just a porthole) to look outside

Celebrity has windows, no portholes. 

Veranda/Concierge.....this is a balcony cabin and I believe are the same size...maybe some difference between S & M class ships....I think Concierge has some extra perks

On M class ships, Concierge cabins are about 10% larger than standard verandahs.  On S class ships, there is no difference in size. Concierge do have some perks, including a main dining room lunch on boarding day.

Aqua....same cabin as Veranda/Concierge but better location on the ship(subjective) and access to Blu, Persian Gardens, and some other perks

Not necessarily better location.  The most important perk is that Blue is the Aqua Class dining room.

Suites....a few different levels I believe, comes with a butler, Luminae(sp)

And access to Michael's Club (or the Retreat, as it will be named on the Edge).  Different suites have different perks.  All have butlers.

What is the difference when I see others discussing A1, A2, etc. Where does that fall into cabin categories?

Generally, A1 have better locations than A2, C1 have better locations than C2, etc.

Also....since we are discussing cabins, what is the real added between Aqua and a Suite? They both have their own restaurant and I assume the cabin is larger and a larger balcony. I ask about the suite differences because the cruise I am currently booked on has a huge difference in price between Aqua and Suite....$3149/pp for Aqua or $6899/pp for a suite. I'm just trying to see what I'm missing with a suite pushing almost double the price. 

All of the perks are listed on the Celebrity website -- have a look there, and you will see why the big difference.

In addition to the good information listed above, here's a few other things I didn't see mentioned.  Luminae also serves lunch, which Blu doesn't. Aqua cabins have a shower with adjustable wall jets as well as the overhead rain shower one. A suite, depending on category comes with more Captains Club points per night than does the Aqua (or Concierge) which give you 5 per night. On addition a suite (again depending on category) will have a shoreside concierge contact you pre-cruise for your preferences. There is special priority embarkation and disembarkation for suites along with priority luggage delivery. 

This is good info. I was more confused with the A1/A2, etc...location makes sense.

I still don't see the value in the the increased price between Aqua and suite....my entire cruise was $7650 for 2 people and Bo Best with all 4 perks.....just tough to justify almost $7k for a butler and priority embarkation/debarkation and my own lounge 

Maybe it's just the cruise we are on that they can sell suites at a higher price due to demand.

Maybe if I get a chance to bid and move up I will to see the difference myself