Pop/Bottled water

sunlite2u

This question is asked frequently...

Can I bring water or soda on board?

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

6 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

This question is asked frequently...

Can I bring water or soda on board?

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

I wonder if it has to be purified or distilled for infant formula, we use regular bottled water for formula. Distilled/purified water has the minerals removed, which is not good for a baby. I hope the cruise line is not that picky about the water we bring on

14 hours ago, onefishtwofish said:

We are just off the Bliss and we took 2 cases of bottle water on - (1 for each cabin) with no problems at all.  Slapped the luggage tags on them and they were delivered just like the rest of the luggage........:classic_wink:

Interesting. I think I will try that, as our grand daughter is on formula and we use regular water.

14 hours ago, cathi007 said:

I wonder if it has to be purified or distilled for infant formula, we use regular bottled water for formula. Distilled/purified water has the minerals removed, which is not good for a baby. I hope the cruise line is not that picky about the water we bring on

I'd give NCL a call and get their approval, if they will grant it since they sell bottle water on the ship, otherwise I would bet they wouldn't let you take regular bottled water on.  Think about it, how many folks try to get their bottle water on saying it is for their little one.

14 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

I'd give NCL a call and get their approval, if they will grant it since they sell bottle water on the ship, otherwise I would bet they wouldn't let you take regular bottled water on.  Think about it, how many folks try to get their bottle water on saying it is for their little one.

Yeah but I have proof, the little one will be with us, formula and all. They can't force me to buy their water at those ridiculous prices, that would be discrimination. Not to argue with you.

2 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

The water available on the ship works just fine. It's clean water up to, if no above, tap water on land.

I meant no distilled. I don't use tap water, so I will still bring the bottled water, as I don't pre-make the formula, I don't want to have to heat up the bottle. If I use ships water that means heating up the bottles. But thanks for your advice 🙂

1 hour ago, cathi007 said:

Yeah but I have proof, the little one will be with us, formula and all. They can't force me to buy their water at those ridiculous prices, that would be discrimination. Not to argue with you.

With baby and formula in tow, I doubt that any bottled water would be a problem as long as it's factory-sealed.

Just to be on the safe side, contact NCL and have them send something that you can print and bring it with you.

They enforce this stupid policy at ports.    I had my NCL-labeled unopened bottle of water (gotten on the ship) taken from me by a not-so-nice lady at Port Canaveral.   STUPID policy.  No other mainline cruise line (that I've experienced) is this strict on this topic.   (And yes I realized it could happen as I was taking it off the ship. )

• Like 1

No one is forcing you to do anything.  Allowing one subset of passengers to bring water and not others would be  discrimination.  Having said that, NCL will grant a waiver for infants.  Read the FAQs.  No need to get you knickers in a wad.

"If I need to bring water or milk onboard for a medical reason or infant, what’s the process?
Guests who have special needs, medical requirements, or families with infants who require water for formula or milk, should contact the access desk at accessdesk@ncl.com to verify if an exception can be made for their beverage and to obtain pre-approval to provide to security at embarkation."

Edited by Cruise Master 55

2 hours ago, cathi007 said:

But you have to remember, they sell it on the ship and yes they can make you purchase water just like everyone else has to at their prices and no not discrimination by any streatch of the imagination.  They don't sell distilled or purified water on the ship and that is why they allow folks to bring it on.  Not to argue with you.  If you want to take a chance and they say no bottled water unless distilled or purified, so be it, but if it were me, I would take the few minutes to call and get it approved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

They enforce this stupid policy at ports.    I had my NCL-labeled unopened bottle of water (gotten on the ship) taken from me by a not-so-nice lady at Port Canaveral.   STUPID policy.  No other mainline cruise line (that I've experienced) is this strict on this topic.   (And yes I realized it could happen as I was taking it off the ship. )

Crazy not allowed take one of their bottles back on, but I guess we can thank booze smugglers.

5 hours ago, Kulpkruising said:

I needed water for my sleep machine.  I called NCL a couple weeks prior to the cruise and a gallon of distilled water was in my stateroom when I arrived.  

Yeah I also use a Cpap, but I don't want to lug it....hubby might have other wishes, lol

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

With baby and formula in tow, I doubt that any bottled water would be a problem as long as it's factory-sealed.

Just to be on the safe side, contact NCL and have them send something that you can print and bring it with you.

Yes a good idea, will do

4 hours ago, Cruise Master 55 said:

No one is forcing you to do anything.  Allowing one subset of passengers to bring water and not others would be  discrimination.  Having said that, NCL will grant a waiver for infants.  Read the FAQs.  No need to get you knickers in a wad.

"If I need to bring water or milk onboard for a medical reason or infant, what’s the process?
Guests who have special needs, medical requirements, or families with infants who require water for formula or milk, should contact the access desk at accessdesk@ncl.com to verify if an exception can be made for their beverage and to obtain pre-approval to provide to security at embarkation."

Hahahaha, I wasn't angry or argumentative to you at all. That's the problem with these boards, you can't read tone. I was just saying if they wouldn't let me bring it on I would be forced to buy bottled water. If you really read my post you would have seen that, I said I wasn't trying to argue, I was just saying my point. I will call the cruise line and get it in writing. Have a great day and thanks for all of your advice 🙂 🙂

3 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

But you have to remember, they sell it on the ship and yes they can make you purchase water just like everyone else has to at their prices and no not discrimination by any streatch of the imagination.  They don't sell distilled or purified water on the ship and that is why they allow folks to bring it on.  Not to argue with you.  If you want to take a chance and they say no bottled water unless distilled or purified, so be it, but if it were me, I would take the few minutes to call and get it approved.

I agree and I intend to call and even get it in writing. I don't want an argument at the pier. This baby is a miracle as her mommy was diagnosed with cancer when she was 12 weeks pregnant with her, so she is small and she was born early to continue chemo, so I will do anything to make sure she stays safe and healthy. We will be on this cruise to celebrate life 🙂

44 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

I agree and I intend to call and even get it in writing. I don't want an argument at the pier. This baby is a miracle as her mommy was diagnosed with cancer when she was 12 weeks pregnant with her, so she is small and she was born early to continue chemo, so I will do anything to make sure she stays safe and healthy. We will be on this cruise to celebrate life 🙂

That is all I was suggesting that you do, so you wouldn't have issues getting the water on.  Please let us know what NCL says.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

Hahahaha, I wasn't angry or argumentative to you at all. That's the problem with these boards, you can't read tone. I was just saying if they wouldn't let me bring it on I would be forced to buy bottled water. If you really read my post you would have seen that, I said I wasn't trying to argue, I was just saying my point. I will call the cruise line and get it in writing. Have a great day and thanks for all of your advice 🙂 🙂

No one was argumentative to you.  I gave you factual information.  Again you are not being forced to do anything.  If you elect to bring formula in lieu of alternative feeding methods and you elect not to get bringing water on board ahead of time then you arr electing to buy the bottled water.  Your point was invalid.  No one was being discriminated against.

4 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

No they cannot.  You have the choice to not buy bottled water.  I have never sen anyone forced to buy the water.  If you chosoe to only drink bottled water then you are choosing to buy the water on the ship.