"Live" - 29 Nov - 15 Dec 2018 Panama Canal on Vision

PCWalton1

Sorry about the washed out pictures,  dark theater..

The rest was a lady singing Frank Sinatra My Way, a gentleman singing Freddie Fender Next Teardrop Fall, a lady singing James Taylor Georgia on my Mind, A man read a moving poem about Vietnam veterans  then a lady finished up singing Cher The Way of Love

20181212_143546.jpg

20181212_144140.jpg

20181212_144434.jpg

20181212_145031.jpg

20181212_145351.jpg

We were on the Vision this past August in the 12 nter Mediterranean Cruise, loved the ship, entertainment was so so..We do the Panama Cruise in March East bound from San Diego! on the Jewel.

Good posts btw!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Welly9 said:

We were on the Vision this past August in the 12 nter Mediterranean Cruise, loved the ship, entertainment was so so..We do the Panama Cruise in March East bound from San Diego! on the Jewel.

Good posts btw!

The ship and crew for the most part have been great but the food has been sorely lacking

So glad you have shared comments and pictures from your experience.  We enjoyed our Panama Canal voyage on Holland last year.  We are on the vision in January and i had hoped the food would be very good but guess i better lower my expectations based on some of the experiences noted on this board.  I know food is not all that you go for but on this trip it wasn’t so many great ports that were included and we were going to chill out and enjoy the dining and a few shows......again, thanks for the comments or tips you have given

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schlimazel_traveler said:

Thanks. Good to know. Last cruise we skipped the MDR altogether. Sounds like a good plan for the next one.

Keep in mind dining is subjective and conditions are known to change on ships. I'd give it a shot before heading elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Bill, what time do you hit the river tonight?

Good question, I don't believe the captain mentioned it at his noon time call. However in the Cruise Compass there is a section on Mississippi River Region pertaining to taxes on Beverages. It states they anticipate entering the region about 8:30 this evening. 

1 minute ago, PCWalton1 said:

Good question, I don't believe the captain mentioned it at his noon time call. However in the Cruise Compass there is a section on Mississippi River Region pertaining to taxes on Beverages. It states they anticipate entering the region about 8:30 this evening. 

Considering how much you have been bounced around since exiting the canal, I would bet that you will feel a dramatic difference once in the river.  Happened to us on Voyager after a transatlantic.  Very eerie that the motion stops all of a sudden and you look outside and see the shore so close. 

Listen closely for the banjo music in the distance.:classic_wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schlimazel_traveler said:

Thanks. Good to know. Last cruise we skipped the MDR altogether. Sounds like a good plan for the next one.

I often skip the MDR on my cruises.

The Windjammer is also sadly lacking on the Vision.  Sorry ,schlimazel.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Considering how much you have been bounced around since exiting the canal, I would bet that you will feel a dramatic difference once in the river.  Happened to us on Voyager after a transatlantic.  Very eerie that the motion stops all of a sudden and you look outside and see the shore so close. 

Listen closely for the banjo music in the distance.:classic_wink:

I will be happy for a calm night. We have been bobbing since we cleared the canal. 

3 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

I will be happy for a calm night. We have been bobbing since we cleared the canal. 

Hope you have time to post after 8:30pm, it will be interesting to hear your take.