"Live" - 29 Nov - 15 Dec 2018 Panama Canal on Vision

PCWalton1

As mentioned we headed back down the hill and made a photo stop at Castillo San Felipe de Barajas.

The Castillo San Felipe de Barajas is a fortress in the city of Cartagena, Colombia. The castle is located on the Hill of San Lázaro in a strategic location, dominating approaches to the city by land or sea. It was built by the Spanish during the colonial era. Construction began in the year 1536, and it was originally known as the Castillo de San Lázaro, It was expanded in 1657.

There were a lot of vendors there seeing everything including taking a picture with them 

DSC_2920_800x533.JPG.7c0b02521260e9e4ebbaafdc978aa279.JPG

DSC_2921_800x533.JPG

DSC_2922_800x533.JPG

DSC_2923_800x533.JPG

DSC_2924_800x533.JPG

DSC_2925_800x533.JPG

DSC_2926_800x533.JPG

Thanks for everything you have posted and for the time and effort it took. 

I might have missed something in earlier posts was was wondering:

1. Have the night time shows on Vision been good?

2. Could you post a sample of the daily activity schedule if you get a chance.....any day....just a sample

thanks again and the pictures have been great

12 minutes ago, creel5857 said:

Thanks for everything you have posted and for the time and effort it took. 

I might have missed something in earlier posts was was wondering:

1. Have the night time shows on Vision been good?

2. Could you post a sample of the daily activity schedule if you get a chance.....any day....just a sample

thanks again and the pictures have been great

1. Good is such a relative term when discussing the entertainment on ships. 😜 The few we have gone to have been fun. 

2. Here is one Cruise Compass I stole from Linda's blog. 

Compassday12.pdf

Edited by PCWalton1

On 12/9/2018 at 3:08 PM, PCWalton1 said:

I missed the beginning of the ceremony they held in the Centrum but it appears similar to the shellback ceremony when crossing the equator. Instead of King Neptune it was a king of Panama. Officers had to atone for various infractions with severe punishment. I like how they ganged up on CD Steve at the end. 

Last shot Orlando posing for the ladies

DSC_2649_800x533.JPG.abdb022b398c76e9619a4fd5e117da1d.JPG

DSC_2650_800x533.JPG

DSC_2651_800x533.JPG

DSC_2653_800x533.JPG

DSC_2654_800x533.JPG

DSC_2655_800x533.JPG

DSC_2657_800x533.JPG

DSC_2658_800x533.JPG

DSC_2659_800x533.JPG

DSC_2663_800x533.JPG

DSC_2664_800x533.JPG

DSC_2665_800x533.JPG

DSC_2671_800x533.JPG

DSC_2672_800x533.JPG

DSC_2673_800x533.JPG

This was such a fun ceremony.  We watched from Deck 8, so couldn’t see everything, but we thought Steve did a good job!

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, PCWalton1 said:

We will forgo the show tonight. We finished dinner too late to catch the early show and 10:15 is too late to wait for a cruise ship comedian. 🤣

I am thinking of stopping by Guest Services and asking if I can purchase the shower curtain in our bathroom. Looking forward to slowly shredding then burning the clinging sopping mess. 😈 

Bill, this is the solution:

IMG_1509.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Thanks for all the great photos and commentary.  It has enhanced my cruise with you and Marie!

We have now sailed from Cartagena, and the wind is really blowing!  We are rocking and rolling on the aft.

It appears it will be a bumpy transit to New Orleans 

54 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Great review!  We’re doing the same cruise, but from east to west, on Jewel in February.  Do you recommend bringing pesos along with us or do most shops take credit cards or US money?

There is no need to bring foreign currency.  USD are accepted everywhere, and is used as the paper currency in Panama (coins are different, but “mimic” our dimes and quarters).

What I do recommend is that you bring lots of single dollar bills, along with 5’s.  Our Guest Services desk ran out of both on the Miami/Los Angeles Canal transit. I have not asked for change since then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

There is no need to bring foreign currency.  USD are accepted everywhere, and is used as the paper currency in Panama (coins are different, but “mimic” our dimes and quarters).

What I do recommend is that you bring lots of single dollar bills, along with 5’s.  Our Guest Services desk ran out of both on the Miami/Los Angeles Canal transit. I have not asked for change since then.

Yup, prior to the cruise I make a stop at the bank for  ones,  fives and tens.

• Like 1