Booking Onboard for future cruise.

Jonboy1

On our last cruise, on QE, 1st-14th November, we booked a future cruise for Oct 2020.

We were advised, by the future sales adviser, that if we had a John Lewis loyalty card,

we would get a further 5% discount. Has anybody any idea how this works.?

will John Lewis act as our travel agent.? 

You can nominate any travel agent, who, will be happy to offer additional discount or extra OBC.

Past passengers normally get 5% discount from Cunard, plus extra discount for booking on board, plus some OBC.

A few weeks ago, we got almost £600 total discount each on board QE plus $650 OBC each. Our TA then gave a further discount of £185 each.

It's worthwhile talking to a few TA's.

Incidentally, we were on the same Madeira/Canaries cruise on 1 November.

Good luck.

Stewart

Edited by BigMac1953

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

Is this a discount on the brochure price?

Normally, if booked well in advance, but not necessarily on the brochure price. The new brochures don't have prices, only "price guides". I threw mine in the recycling bin 30 minutes after it arrived.

33 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Normally, if booked well in advance, but not necessarily on the brochure price. The new brochures don't have prices, only "price guides". I threw mine in the recycling bin 30 minutes after it arrived.

Thanks.  Am I the only person who actually reads the brochures from beginning to end (including the small print)!? 😁

Recently booked 2 cruises whilst onboard QM2 and the cruise price was exactly the same price as your TA (before they give you their discount). Cunard do not discount the cruise because you are booking onboard all you get is low deposit of £175pp and OBC which depends on duration and type of stateroom booked. You can only transfer the booking to the TA that you are currently on the cruise when you book. If you book a FCD then you pay an amount and then when you get home you can book with any TA, whoever gives best discount, you will then get the extra OBC added to your cruise invoice.

2 hours ago, babs135 said:

Is this a discount on the brochure price?

Cruise prices in brochures are only a "from" price and usually for the lowest grade of cabin in each choice inside, oceanview, balcony etc. The only way to get an accurate current price is to phone either direct or a TA or look on website but even then can change at a minutes notice, it once happened to me whilst I was on the phone and before she could confirm it went up.

We were on that cruise too and the guy in the future sales office mentioned the John Lewis loyalty or credit card discount to us too.  We didn’t end up booking onboard but a week after we got home we got the Welcome Home email and got additional obc offer if booking another cruise before end of January so have now booked for Canaries next November.