NCL Gem - Cabin 10167 ?

Wilsons0605

We are booked on a cruise to Bermuda leaving on 5/31/19.  We are currently set to be in cabin 10167.  Has anyone stayed in this particular room before (or 10167 on any of the other NCL Jewel class ships)?  It  doesn’t share walls with another cabin (which I like because I’m a light sleeper), but it just looks oddly positioned on the deck plan. Thank you!

Edited by Wilsons0605

Interesting cabin layout - nothing below it and only cabins above it - looks like some sort of storage area around it as well as below it. We have been on deck 10 aft on the Pearl and really don't remember much about the cabins next to us. We will be in the corner suite on deck 10 in a year - going through the Panama Canal

• Like 1

Narrow "white space" forward of the cabin 10167 (a standard rectangular inside cabin) could be a ventilation

chamber from the engine room - BUT - looking at pictures of the ship this would not be so - suspect as

bonvoyage (HI from DAWN 2016 trip) has noted perhaps cabin steward storage service space or other

maintenance electrical vaults etc. Certainly not any SPA or Galley areas - stairs and elevators on the deck

plan are much further forward from this cabin location. Sometimes in these "white spaces" are crew stairways

and elevators not marked on the deck diagrams. With the cushion of space all around this cabin 10167 one

should have no noise issues or foot traffic. Only issue that comes to mind is using the azipod thrusters moving

the ship into and away from the pier - some degree of shake rattle and roll in the aft end of the GEM.

LINK to deck plan:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Gem

Click on the deck you want to research.

• Thanks 1

I was just on the Gem in cabin 10168 which is across the hall. This area is really quiet. The space to the left of 10167 has a door and it is storage for the art auctions. The only time I saw it used was when they were bring art in and out. The service carts are stored near cabins 10662/10162. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 8:40 AM, Cardex said:

I was just on the Gem in cabin 10168 which is across the hall. This area is really quiet. The space to the left of 10167 has a door and it is storage for the art auctions. The only time I saw it used was when they were bring art in and out. The service carts are stored near cabins 10662/10162. 

Cardex - we are looking to book a cruise on the Gem for next fall and I was thinking of selecting 10168.  Any leanings one way or another on the room?  

1 hour ago, BallofGoof said:

Cardex - we are looking to book a cruise on the Gem for next fall and I was thinking of selecting 10168.  Any leanings one way or another on the room?  

I loved the room. The area is very quiet and the views were amazing! The room is a little smaller but the balcony more than made up for it. There were 2 chairs, a small table and 2 lounge chairs on the balcony. The only issues we had were some black soot spots and some trash (mainly empty sugar packets) on the balcony some mornings. I would definitely book this cabin again! Here are some photos of the cabin.

IMG_20181130_153439.jpg

MVIMG_20181126_131145.jpg

IMG_20181126_131245.jpg

Edited by Cardex
  • Like 2

The best entertainer on the Gem will be performing on this cruise.  Justin Golan, Piano Bar Entertainer and Music Director, is back onboard the NCL Gem.  Following his very successful shows in NY December, 2018 ... he has added 2 more shows in February and March 2019. You can enjoy and participate in his shows before your cruise ... see details below.  Get tickets for one or both of the shows ... you won't be disappointed!

https://www.theduplex.com/site/calendar

Edited by CruiseGal999

• 2 months later...

We just got off the Gem this morning and started out in cabin 10167. The location is excellent and very quiet. The 3 days we were in that cabin, we never heard or saw our neighbors.. however, starting at 5:45 am, we were woken up with horrible banging on the walls and lots of noise in that “empty” space next to that cabin. We found out on day 3 that it is the storage room for the art auction. Workers came in several times a day to change out the art paintings. We asked our cabin steward (Vincent, who was fabulous, btw) about the noise and he told us to go the service desk to see if the workers could try and be a little quiet, at least in the morning. We know they have a job to do, but they should never put a cabin in that space. It’s like it’s put in the middle of a warehouse. Anyway, we went back to our cabin after we went down and spoke with someone. We got a call about 20 min later from the service desk saying they had another cabin available on the same floor and they would show us and let us move there if wanted to. They also said they would help move us.  We took the new cabin and bugged out that night. (We got cabin 10069) It was still a little noisy at times, but way better than cabin 10167. The next day, we found a bottle of wine and a tray of chocolates in our room from the service desk for our troubles with the other cabin! It was a great cabin and location, except for the noise next to it. I’m sorry to report how noisy this room is. If you have any other questions, I’ll be happy to answer them! Have a great cruise! 

1 hour ago, tlcs said:

We just got off the Gem this morning and started out in cabin 10167. The location is excellent and very quiet. The 3 days we were in that cabin, we never heard or saw our neighbors.. however, starting at 5:45 am, we were woken up with horrible banging on the walls and lots of noise in that “empty” space next to that cabin. We found out on day 3 that it is the storage room for the art auction. Workers came in several times a day to change out the art paintings. We asked our cabin steward (Vincent, who was fabulous, btw) about the noise and he told us to go the service desk to see if the workers could try and be a little quiet, at least in the morning. We know they have a job to do, but they should never put a cabin in that space. It’s like it’s put in the middle of a warehouse. Anyway, we went back to our cabin after we went down and spoke with someone. We got a call about 20 min later from the service desk saying they had another cabin available on the same floor and they would show us and let us move there if wanted to. They also said they would help move us.  We took the new cabin and bugged out that night. (We got cabin 10069) It was still a little noisy at times, but way better than cabin 10167. The next day, we found a bottle of wine and a tray of chocolates in our room from the service desk for our troubles with the other cabin! It was a great cabin and location, except for the noise next to it. I’m sorry to report how noisy this room is. If you have any other questions, I’ll be happy to answer them! Have a great cruise! 

Thanks so much for the information...😭. I’m glad that the area around the room was nice and that it’s in a good location but I’m worried about the noise from the art storage area at all times of the day/night.  I’m thinking I will call and see if we can switch to another room as several people on various reviews of this room have now mentioned noise from that art storage area.  Bummer!  Thank you again for the information!