Love Pacific Coastals!

DENIE

While on board our Southern Caribbean cruise in early December, we booked a future cruise in order to take advantage of the perks offered on board (largely reduced booking fee).  The actual cruise (Pacific Coastal fall 2020) we want was not available yet, and does not show up, so we booked the equivalent "placeholder" that is happening in 2019.  When that portion of the schedule opens up, we will simply transfer to 2020.  The booking agent online assured us there were going to be Coastals offered, but "weren't available to purchase yet".  Anyone have an idea when they might be opening up the Fall 2020 schedules?

49 minutes ago, DENIE said:

While on board our Southern Caribbean cruise in early December, we booked a future cruise in order to take advantage of the perks offered on board (largely reduced booking fee).  The actual cruise (Pacific Coastal fall 2020) we want was not available yet, and does not show up, so we booked the equivalent "placeholder" that is happening in 2019.  When that portion of the schedule opens up, we will simply transfer to 2020.  The booking agent online assured us there were going to be Coastals offered, but "weren't available to purchase yet".  Anyone have an idea when they might be opening up the Fall 2020 schedules?

I am wondering that myself!!  Hoping they are released soon ... got to get my planning in place.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am wondering that myself!!  Hoping they are released soon ... got to get my planning in place.  🙂 

Yes!!  The silly thing is...we also booked a Mediterranean cruise on the Constellation for the same time as our "placeholder" Pacific Coastal.  Can't be in two places at once!!  LOL

• Like 1

I don't know, but I agree that they are great cruises. I just wish they would do a 9 night (I like Thursday to Sunday) in July or August. The 11/11/2019 Eclipse sailing is absolutely wonderful itinerary-wise, but the temps around that time are a little too cool for my liking.

8 minutes ago, CoconutOne said:

I don't know, but I agree that they are great cruises. I just wish they would do a 9 night (I like Thursday to Sunday) in July or August. The 11/11/2019 Eclipse sailing is absolutely wonderful itinerary-wise, but the temps around that time are a little too cool for my liking.

I am currently booked on that sailing.  I was originally booked on the October 20th sailing that ended up being canceled due to a charter, so moved over to that November sailing. We live near San Francisco so am not opposed to cooler temps but would have loved same itinerary in September instead of November.  Well, that wasn't meant to be, though ... so we'll just enjoy whatever life brings to us.  

1 hour ago, DENIE said:

The US/Canada Pacific Coastal are open for 2020. One 7 night cruise for 30 March 2020, one 7 night cruise for 3 May 2020, and one 5 night cruise 20 September 2020. We also like the US/Canada Pacific Coastal cruises. We like to do them in September. Unfortunately the September 2020 cruise is only 5 nights. Too short for us. But there's always the B2B option. A 7 night Alaska cruise on 13 September 2020 and the the 5 night US/Canada Pacific Coastal cruise on 20 September 2020. 

Edited by davekathy

Unfortunately, looking for the fall 2020.  March 2020 is too soon after our Mediterranean cruise in 11/2019. And not interested in the 5 night one that is offered in September.  Was hoping for another round trip from LA.

Edited by DENIE
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DENIE said:

Unfortunately, looking for the fall 2020.  March 2020 is too soon after our Mediterranean cruise in 11/2019. And not interested in the 5 night one that is offered in September.  Was hoping for another round trip from LA.

Doesn't look like that's going to be an option on Celebrity for fall of 2020. 

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

The US/Canada Pacific Coastal are open for 2020. One 7 night cruise for 30 March 2020, one 7 night cruise for 3 May 2020, and one 5 night cruise 20 September 2020. We also like the US/Canada Pacific Coastal cruises. We like to do them in September. Unfortunately the September 2020 cruise is only 5 nights. Too short for us. But there's always the B2B option. A 7 night Alaska cruise on 13 September 2020 and the the 5 night US/Canada Pacific Coastal cruise on 20 September 2020. 

I am looking for a special cruise for a BIG birthday, which is right after that 5 night sailing ... too bad that itinerary doesn't cover that day.  Maybe it's not important to some, but it is to me so that one just won't do.  I wouldn't mind if there was a sailing that day or the following day that took us back down to the SF bay area or even back down to any port in California.  Looks as though they either haven't released those as of yet on any line or they just don't have any offerings.  One year, we did an 11 night sailing on the Solstice with some friends (Seattle to Vancouver), stayed one night at the Pan Pacific and caught another ship from Vancouver to San Francisco (our home port) with another group of friends.  We were able to celebrate our anniversary on the first sailing and my birthday on part two, the second sailing.  It was tailor made .. what a perfect trip!  I was hoping for something like that again but doesn't look like that is going to happen ... so may need to go to another plan.  

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am looking for a special cruise for a BIG birthday, which is right after that 5 night sailing ... too bad that itinerary doesn't cover that day.  Maybe it's not important to some, but it is to me so that one just won't do.  I wouldn't mind if there was a sailing that day or the following day that took us back down to the SF bay area or even back down to any port in California.  Looks as though they either haven't released those as of yet on any line or they just don't have any offerings.  One year, we did an 11 night sailing on the Solstice with some friends (Seattle to Vancouver), stayed one night at the Pan Pacific and caught another ship from Vancouver to San Francisco (our home port) with another group of friends.  We were able to celebrate our anniversary on the first sailing and my birthday on part two, the second sailing.  It was tailor made .. what a perfect trip!  I was hoping for something like that again but doesn't look like that is going to happen ... so may need to go to another plan.   

Cruise Raider - we are holding out hope.  We were just on the Silhouette in early December (3 weeks ago).  When we asked about 2020 Pacific Coastals at the Future Cruises desk, he told us "they are out there, but he cannot book for us yet, but to keep watching as they should be available soon."  This is why we booked the 2019 equivalent on the Eclipse as a "placeholder", to transfer when available.  Now, sounds like some are saying these aren't being offered.  We were on an October 2017 Infinity Pacific Coastal (RT from LA) that was super fun.  This is what we were hoping to repeat, and even more excited when we saw the 2019 version on the Eclipse was a 9 night that also included San Diego and 1 sea day.  Oh well....will wait a bit longer, but may have to decide if we need to move on to Plan B.  😞

Edited by DENIE
forgot a detail

12 hours ago, DENIE said:

Cruise Raider - we are holding out hope.  We were just on the Silhouette in early December (3 weeks ago).  When we asked about 2020 Pacific Coastals at the Future Cruises desk, he told us "they are out there, but he cannot book for us yet, but to keep watching as they should be available soon."  This is why we booked the 2019 equivalent on the Eclipse as a "placeholder", to transfer when available.  Now, sounds like some are saying these aren't being offered.  We were on an October 2017 Infinity Pacific Coastal (RT from LA) that was super fun.  This is what we were hoping to repeat, and even more excited when we saw the 2019 version on the Eclipse was a 9 night that also included San Diego and 1 sea day.  Oh well....will wait a bit longer, but may have to decide if we need to move on to Plan B.  😞

I love the Pacific Coastals, too, at least at this point in my life.   I used to only like warm weather sailings and sitting out by the pool all day but that just isn't for me any longer.  I see that Princess does not yet have all their itineraries out for late Sept, so that 5 night Eclipse sailing may still be in my future.  Keeping my fingers crossed!