New Internet rates

Tennessee Titan

On 3/19/2019 at 9:33 AM, I like vacation said:

Looks to be a nice savings(as compared to the chart) if you purchase the internet plan in advance.  I wonder if the price increases if you wait until you are on board to use your OBC??

I would suspect that the post-sailing price will be higher (perhaps the prices shown in the table???) -- similar to the pre- and post- prices of the beverage packages. HAL really wants you to spend your OBC on *extra* and potentially higher profit margin items... although it can be used for HSC (room gratuities).

I did notice that the offer of $199.99/16-days is $12.50/day vs $15.62/day on the table. I bought it for dr'spin!

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

I would suspect that the post-sailing price will be higher (perhaps the prices shown in the table???) -- similar to the pre- and post- prices of the beverage packages. HAL really wants you to spend your OBC on *extra* and potentially higher profit margin items... although it can be used for HSC (room gratuities).

I did notice that the offer of $199.99/16-days is $12.50/day vs $15.62/day on the table. I bought it for dr'spin!

Pretty sure that the cost of the wine packages are the same if you purchase before or after embarkation.  I've read here numerous times that you should wait until you board to find out what the selections are as some of the listed wines may not be available.

11 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Jacqui, you know to look under GIFTS & INDULGENCES?

Of course, but thanks just the same 😉

I can usually find anything I want to - if it’s there 😉 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

Pretty sure that the cost of the wine packages are the same if you purchase before or after embarkation.  

Oh, yes, I should have said the Signature Beverage Package -- which is $5/day less if bought ahead of time.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, I like vacation said:

Internet plan is not available for my October 2019 cruise but is available for August 2020. Wonder why?

I assume it is depending on which ship you are, the offer I have is for Westerdam in 2020, but on our Maasdam one, which is up in 2 months, no internet plan for pre purchase is available.

Just now, Alphen said:

I assume it is depending on which ship you are, the offer I have is for Westerdam in 2020, but on our Maasdam one, which is up in 2 months, no internet plan for pre purchase is available.

That might be the case.  Nieuw Statendam in October and Zuiderdam next year.  Still would have thought it would show for the newest ship in the fleet.

• 8 months later...

Internet rates on ships are always expensive.     One alternate I am now using is I switched to Google FI for cell phone and they have free international access.    Of course this doesn't work on the ship but works at pretty much any port.    Their prices start at $20/month plus data $10/gig which maxes at $60 then data is unlimited and you can hotspot the internet to use on any device.  Unless you are going transatlantic or pacific with many days at sea this may be adequate for many.

• Thanks 1