NCL Shore Excursion credit $50 per port

kevmoley

On 1/3/2019 at 3:36 PM, casofilia said:

What happens when you RESERVE shore excursions you get a Confirmation with no prices on.  When you board your folio will be charged overnight with the cost of all your shore excursions.  You have to make sure that any Latitudes Discount has been applied, if it hasn't go to the Shorex Desk and they will do it for you.  These days it is only not there if you did the cruise booking before Feb 2018.

Then when you have done the shore excursion the $50 or $100 will be credited overnight.  Remember that it is per cabin not per person but you can get it twice for Free at Sea and Distinctive Voyages.

Can you clarify what you mean that you can get it twice for Free at Sea and Distinctive Voyages? We are on a Distinctive Voyage in July, but our Free at Sea perk choice was the dining because we didn't want the alcohol package. Thanks!

On 12/27/2018 at 5:38 PM, kevmoley said:

Does anyone have experience with the Free Choice of Shore Excursions with NCL in the amount of $50.00 per cabin/per port? I am being told that you can only use this credit WHEN you are actually onboard the ship and you cannot use it to purchase excursions before your sailing? This doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I have been on sailings where shore excursions sell out before you go on your trip. *****!

We have done it both ways. Yes, they may ask for your CC but they do not charge anything until after the excursion or if you are a no show. At least this has been our experience and yes, some excursions do sell out. Our traveling companions on our last cruise decided to wait until boarding; both tours they wanted had sold out. 

On 1/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, morety said:

We booked our excursions online and paid in full. I called up and was told we'd get $50 on board credits. Based on the above, I am guessing we won't see this until we're on board? Is that right?

I booked online and paid in full also.  So the $50 is on board credit, meaning I have to use it on the ship?  I thought it would be refunded to my credit card.  I will be getting $150 back (three excursions at three different ports) - can I use that money towards paying my daily service charge?

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

@beachgirl23

We took the 50$ as out Free at Sea Perk as we only get 1 and the the 50$ for the distinctive.

@casofilia 

Thanks, it wasn’t an option as a Free at Sea Perk for us. We only have it as a Distinctive Voyage perk. 

18 minutes ago, saradow said:

Anyone know how this credit works if going to Bermuda?  (only 1 port, there for 2 nights)  Do you get it for 2 days then?

From the Terms & conditions page:

$50 USD Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I've read thru a few threads, but I still have a few questions. Can I book our excursions & pre-pay for them ahead of the cruise? And then when we embark, we'll have a $0 balance on our account (as we've already prepaid our gratuities). If I'm understanding correctly, we'll then get a $50 credit per port where we booked excursions upon completion of each excursion. With our excursions already paid for before the cruise, that would give us $150-200 onboard credit at the end of the cruise. We don't plan on  any extras like specialty dining or alcohol, so can we use that $150-200 to pay for our soda package (assuming we can sign up for that when we board)? We like to prepay for as much as possible, so that we don't have a huge bill at the end of the cruise. And is there any difference between booking excursions online vs. over the phone?

On 3/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, herdingdogmom said:

Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

I noticed this as well. We'll be in Bermuda three total days and two nights. So, does this mean they will credit $150 per stateroom, which could be applied to one excursion on only one day?

Or, does it mean you can have a $50 credit each day, but you must purchase one excursion per day? (I think probably this is the case.)

For Bermuda it is super-easy to do self-guided tours around the island and there is nothing a couple could do for under $50 total anyway, so we'll not use this "perk".