NCL Shore Excursion credit $50 per port

kevmoley

What happens when you RESERVE shore excursions you get a Confirmation with no prices on.  When you board your folio will be charged overnight with the cost of all your shore excursions.  You have to make sure that any Latitudes Discount has been applied, if it hasn't go to the Shorex Desk and they will do it for you.  These days it is only not there if you did the cruise booking before Feb 2018.

Then when you have done the shore excursion the $50 or $100 will be credited overnight.  Remember that it is per cabin not per person but you can get it twice for Free at Sea and Distinctive Voyages.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:38 PM, kevmoley said:

Does anyone have experience with the Free Choice of Shore Excursions with NCL in the amount of $50.00 per cabin/per port? I am being told that you can only use this credit WHEN you are actually onboard the ship and you cannot use it to purchase excursions before your sailing? This doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I have been on sailings where shore excursions sell out before you go on your trip. *****!

I have this credit on my May cruise and I just booked a couple of shore excursions.  Call the NCL number 1-866-234-7350.  They will book your excursions but not charge you for them in advance.  They will show on your final statement you get onboard and the $50 will be deducted.  You will only be responsible for the difference.

10 minutes ago, morety said:

We booked our excursions online and paid in full. I called up and was told we'd get $50 on board credits. Based on the above, I am guessing we won't see this until we're on board? Is that right?

Unless something has changed, the $50 OBC is not applied to your account until after you've taken the shore excursion.   

We booked our excursions online and paid in full. I called up and was told we'd get $50 on board credits. Based on the above, I am guessing we won't see this until we're on board? Is that right?

Unless something has changed, the $50 OBC is not applied to your account until after you've taken the shore excursion.   

In both cases you won't see it till AFTER you have completed EACH shore excursion.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes. The details are on the website (just google NCL latitudes). It’s 10% for silver, gold and platinum, 15% for platinum plus and 20% for ambassador.

Thanks. I just turned Silver on my last cruise so this should help on my Epic cruise in August

• 1 month later...

I didn't see this answered.

Let's say an excursion costs $35/adult and $25/child.  Can we still use the $50 perk since this is over the $50 amount or does one of the fares need to be over $50 in order for the perk to be applied?

Also, for the Latitudes discount, is that only applied when you call or on board?  I didn't see it come off online.  Does it apply to all shore excursions or will there be a disclaimer for some of them?

Edited by eiloo

On 12/28/2018 at 5:28 PM, kevmoley said:

I ended up calling and speaking to a rep on the phone. I purchased a shore excursion and paid for it in full (minus the Latitudes discount) and printed the email. The rep said once I board the ship the 50.00 discount will be credited to my account. This way I wont be stuck for a $1000.00 plus charge when on board the ship..

What is the Latitudes discount?

13 hours ago, cebee123 said:

So, if the credit is per room, how do they credit it if there are 2 accounts? If me and my sister in law each take a shore excursion, do they credit $25 each? 

The fine print says $50 per stateroom and should show up under the main name on the reservation. 

22 hours ago, cebee123 said:

So, if the credit is per room, how do they credit it if there are 2 accounts? If me and my sister in law each take a shore excursion, do they credit $25 each? 

If you use separate credit cards then it will be split evenly..... if there is 1 credit card to cover the stateroom then it's $50 for the stateroom. 

16 hours ago, esm54687 said:

If you use separate credit cards then it will be split evenly..... if there is 1 credit card to cover the stateroom then it's $50 for the stateroom. 

I am not sure the split information is correct. Technically the credit is assigned to the Primary guest, not sure NCL will split. You may need to settle up between two accounts. 

6 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

I am not sure the split information is correct. Technically the credit is assigned to the Primary guest, not sure NCL will split. You may need to settle up between two accounts. 

Unless they changed it, I was able to do it last October on the Dawn.  But either way, it really isn't a big deal to hand some $25 if it doesn't work. 

Edited by esm54687

On 3/18/2019 at 2:12 PM, HippoSail said:

What about the $50 credit you get for your disembarking day. We are doing a HOHO. How do you receive credit for that port if you booked and paid online?

If you book with NCL the a disembarkation excursion qualifies for the credit.

Just now, Nola26 said:

If you book with NCL the a disembarkation excursion qualifies for the credit.

Thank you. How is it credited, if you get the credit after you do the excursion - which is after you have left the cruise?

2 hours ago, HippoSail said:

Thank you. How is it credited, if you get the credit after you do the excursion - which is after you have left the cruise?

It is on your final bill. I did a tour and airport transfer in San Juan, worked out to an about $6 ride to the airport,  lol.

• Like 1