Last Minute Cruises

skatie

My husband and I (early 50s) are talking about a 5-7 day cruise in January or February. We have some carryover vacation days and thought it would be a good idea to maybe fly to Florida and catch some warmth with a cruise in the Caribbean area and escape the Toronto winter.  I usually plan our trips a year in advance and realize that prices and promotions are usually best farther out.  Arethere any good last minute cruise lines or cruise sites to start my research?  Thanks

25 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the  cruise lines usually have  deals or promotions  you can sign up on their website  & get the emails

Just decide on a few lines you might enjoy then sign up

You should just check with every line that attracts you (or work with a travel agent willing to expend a bit of effort) and book sooner rather than later if you find something you like.  At this point, prices can go either way, but the itineraries and accommodations you might want will just get harder to find.

There is no “formula” for success - if you are lucky you might get a good deal - but if you wait to book air, you may eat up all your savings in higher air fare.  If you book air now but wait for a “great” cruise price, you could spend your vacation watching ships you like sail away.

We sometimes book only a month or two in advance and have gotten some really good deals, but of course this varies.  It helps to be really flexible and, for us, being able to get flights is the most important thing to consider since there is no way to book a cruise if we can't get a decent flight.

Royal Caribbean has a weekly Going, Going, Gone sail.

Sometimes the cruises are next week, sometimes a couple of months away.  

If you Google it, there is a link to a PDF that is updated every weekend.