Edgeification of current ships

chamima

Giving people the option to eat in the MDR, and having targeted 25%+ off specialty restaurants, could help ease up on increased capacity in Blu.  If we're already paying for an upgraded dining experience, might as well pass on the savings so that there's no perception of missed opportunity.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

On 1/10/2019 at 5:02 PM, DCT61 said:

When comparing the "present and future" stateroom photos, Its like watching THE WIZARD OF OZ...

Only, this time in reverse.  You transition from the world of color, into the boring, bleak, sepia-toned world.

Toto, I dont think we're on Celebrity anymore.

It's funny I thought the same thing.  Everything is white or light beige.  Colors that do not do well with thousands of people turning over every single week.  I guess we'll see what it really looks like in September when we sail the "Revolutionized" Equinox.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

It's funny I thought the same thing.  Everything is white or light beige.  Colors that do not do well with thousands of people turning over every single week.  I guess we'll see what it really looks like in September when we sail the "Revolutionized" Equinox.  

What I find to be a rather strong contrast, is the increased color on the exterior of the ship, and lack thereof within.  The Millennium is being painted in a classic ocean liner theme, similar to Holland America, yet the inside has gone 180 degrees opposite into modern art, with hipster touches.

image.png.9f754e3204290e404d68afdc08765a8e.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 7.40.41 AM.jpg

1018686218_ScreenShot2019-01-20at7_47_07PM.png.a0c9da934fc39d84ae841f986d13867a.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

No matter what color the box is, what's inside will tell the truth.

PABLUM:    bland or insipid intellectual fare, entertainment, etc.; pap

pab.jpg

Why not?  Maybe Cunard can get on the bandwagon, use modern art exteriors such as Aloft, combined with their classic traditional interiors.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 6.42.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 6.50.34 AM.png

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

What I find to be a rather strong contrast, is the increased color on the exterior of the ship, and lack thereof within.  The Millennium is being painted in a classic ocean liner theme, similar to Holland America, yet the inside has gone 180 degrees opposite into modern art, with hipster touches.

1018686218_ScreenShot2019-01-20at7_47_07PM.png.a0c9da934fc39d84ae841f986d13867a.png

Well I'm not a “hipster” and love the new soothing color schemes. The attire of the guests on board provide a lot of “color”. 😉 And they won't clash with the furniture. 😁

Edited by C-Dragons

1 hour ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

image.png.9f754e3204290e404d68afdc08765a8e.png

I reported previously that an engineering officer that I met on Edge this week told me that the external colors of all Celebrity ships will be repainted the same blue color as Edge called Celebrity Blue.  Also cabin modules are not being removed and replaced.  Just stripped internally down to steel and refurbished from the inside.  Not sure about new add cabins like aqua.  Maybe those are full module additions.

31 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Also cabin modules are not being removed and replaced.  Just stripped internally down to steel and refurbished from the inside.  Not sure about new add cabins like aqua.  

So I guess on the regular verandas what will be changed out? The basic wiring for lights, outlets, HVAC, plumbing, cabinetry, tubs, showers, toilets, sinks, desks, walls, closets and flooring?

Stripped down to bare metal? All the  metallic surfaces??? Repainting or resurfacing all those areas? Sounds like a job for Superman.

Hope whatever they plan will look as good as it did in the past. 

27 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

So I guess on the regular verandas what will be changed out? The basic wiring for lights, outlets, HVAC, plumbing, cabinetry, tubs, showers, toilets, sinks, desks, walls, closets and flooring?

Stripped down to bare metal? All the  metallic surfaces??? Repainting or resurfacing all those areas? Sounds like a job for Superman.

Hope whatever they plan will look as good as it did in the past. 

It seems X execs had the same talking points. 😉 

Personally, I think everything will look better than the past.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/celebrity-unveils-400m-fleetwide-refurbishment.html

X has contracted with MJM Marine, who will be working with Bolidt Synthetic Products and Systems to do the drydock renovations on Millennium and Summit.
Edited by C-Dragons