Fitness center equipment

wingit

57 minutes ago, wingit said:

Does anyone know if there is a rowing machine in the fitness center/gym?

thank you for any info you might have.

Two on the Zuiderdam. I assume that they're standard equipment on all the ships. 

8 hours ago, POA1 said:

Two on the Zuiderdam. I assume that they're standard equipment on all the ships. 

OP: when we were aboard the Zuiderdam  in September, they were both Concept 2s, one old and one new. They both worked at that point. (I say this because we have found that rowing machines on cruise ships are very badly maintained if at all; the chains aren’t oiled, and thus the movement is not very smooth.) 

What we found on a December 2018 Eurodam cruise was that at 6:00 AM there was no HAL personnel in the gym  .Could not ask any questions about equipment that i never saw ever before & I have been in gyms for 50 years +  .That is my only complaint about HAL's gym equipment . Fortunately with my knowledge of gym work outs I substituted light free weights to get a similar work out  

29 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

What we found on a December 2018 Eurodam cruise was that at 6:00 AM there was no HAL personnel in the gym  .

I'm pretty sure that the gym hours start at 7 now. They did on the Zuiderdam last month. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Michael P. said:

Heading to Alaska on HAL early summer 2019.  Do not want to interrupt my pull up/chin up work out.  Is there a pull up bar in the gym? Thank you. 

On the Eurodam, The last pull down machine had a fixed bar at the top for pull ups.

From our 81 past cruises with different cruise lines , the best gym equipment we  ever used  was  on Carnival ships  .however ,we no longer sail on  Carnival  ships & prefer either HAL or Princess because they sail from either the San Diego or the San Pedro ports & we can drive to both ports :classic_biggrin: