Benefit to booking future cruise on the ship?

wingnt68

I know a long time ago they you could buy future cruise vouchers on the ship.  I know they stopped that but is there any benefit to booking your next trip while you are physically on the ship now?  Hoping to book Mardi Gras and wondering if we should wait until our cruise in April.  

Thanks

Kim

You can book onboard still, no great advantage. You can still get the same rate after you leave. They no longer have future cruise vouchers, they found that too many passengers used them and it cost them too much money. Some boats still have advisors others you book onboeard not sure where

There is no advantage.  If there is a future cruise desk on the ship, it is only open limited hours and you may have to wait in line.  You can book at the internet hub, even if you don't have an internet plan, but the internet speed is painfully slow.  So instead of wasting vacation time, open the email you will receive when you get home for the same offer.  And the offer is only $50 onboard credit and you have to book Early Saver, which means if you change or cancel you booking, there is a penalty.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, wingnt68 said:

any benefit to booking your next trip while you are physically on the ship now?  

The excitement of being on the ship might keep you giddy....but I would rather spend time at home searching for the proper venue, port and destinations.  It is so easy to just grab a cruise and it might not be exactly what you really wanted.   There is no advantage of booking on board so take your time and do your research. 

Bon Voyage!!

On 1/26/2019 at 5:35 PM, jmcathome said:

You can book onboard still, no great advantage. You can still get the same rate after you leave. They no longer have future cruise vouchers, they found that too many passengers used them and it cost them too much money. Some boats still have advisors others you book onboeard not sure where

Agree with this. We used to book three Carnival cruises a year to take advantage of the OBC; now we are down to one. Instead, we book on other lines. I think this policy reversal is actually costing them money,

10 hours ago, HectorAchilleus said:

Agree with this. We used to book three Carnival cruises a year to take advantage of the OBC; now we are down to one. Instead, we book on other lines. I think this policy reversal is actually costing them money,

I have not noticed first hand on several cruises or heard/read about Carnival ships sailing with reduced passenger levels since they implemented this policy. 

I have stated this before on this site, Carnival’s main focus appears to be attracting new first-time cruisers. They are not as concerned with attracting the repeat cruiser.  Additionally, there are thousands upon thousands of diamond and platinum cruisers, the majority who will continue to sail on Carnival, which Carnival knows very well. 

23 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have not noticed first hand on several cruises or heard/read about Carnival ships sailing with reduced passenger levels since they implemented this policy. 

I have stated this before on this site, Carnival’s main focus appears to be attracting new first-time cruisers. They are not as concerned with attracting the repeat cruiser.  Additionally, there are thousands upon thousands of diamond and platinum cruisers, the majority who will continue to sail on Carnival, which Carnival knows very well. 

You are probably right, especially about Carnival seeking new cruisers. I just know that this diamond cruiser has been booking less on Carnival and more on other lines such as Holland and Celebrity. I still love Carnival, but they are not as cost-competitive as they used to be. That along with cut-backs, charging for items that used to be free, and scraping the book on board discounts has affected my bookings.