Does Celebrity allow you to bring a bottle of wine on board?

We have the premium drink package, but may have an extra bottle left over before we board.  Will we be allowed to bring it on?  It seems most cruises we've been on have allowed one each, up to 2 per cabin.  Also, since we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, we may want to bring a nice bottle with us if it's more expensive on the ship, which I assume it would be.  Does the Summit have a nice wine by the bottle list?  We scored on Carnival going to the steakhouse the first night.  We were able to buy Caymus Special Selection for much less, at 50% off, than we could on land.

6 hours ago, justcrusn said:

That appears to be a very nice bottle of wine!

The ability to purchase wine for less onboard than ashore is a rare occurrence,

its generally marked up on the ship.

Our experience too!

We were hosting a start of cruise sail away from our suite and decided to take on board two decent bottles of bubbly to complement the free one in our room. Out of curiosity we did price up on board, more than twice the price!

29 minutes ago, Slakes said:

I saw something on the website that it is subject to a corkage fee. Is this only if you bring it to the dining room?  You can enjoy in your stateroom with no fee, correct?

Corkage fee is $25 if you bring to DR, but yes you can enjoy in your cabin free of charge. I had 2 complimentary bottles of wine in my stateroom which I brought to dinner along with the card the attendant left.  Not sure how they would know it's a bottle from the ship though.

19 hours ago, justcrusn said:

That appears to be a very nice bottle of wine!

The ability to purchase wine for less onboard than ashore is a rare occurrence,

its generally marked up on the ship.

It is and it’s our favorite!  It was great to buy it so cheap on Carnival the first night in the steakhouse!

WE brought on two good bottles Silverado and Stags leap, had one of the bottles at luminae , wine steward approached us and asked if he good do a taste which we allowed and was not charged corkage , was charged corkage at specialty restaurant, RCCL also never charges us corkage. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zeroclub21 said:

I understand you can bring 2 bottles of wine on embarkation..is there a charge if you bring more? Other cruise lines give the first 2 free and a corkage fee for additional bottles brought onboard, what is celebrity’s policy 

No charge.   They just take the overage from you and hold until disembarkation when you can retrieve it.