HAL Website: Will not allow me to book online?

cruisetheworld67

Specific problem keeps coming up when trying to book online.  I do not use a TA and just like booking myself.

I do not sign in but like many I am sure, look over cruises, itineraries, pricing to get an idea of a cruise.

So when I find a cruise I like  and go to the intinerary and click on  "Book Now", and then select 2 guests and

click "Continue"...I get the error message  in  red :  !  Something went wrong. Please try again.

On the top page it states ;The cruise; the dates, but also lists 0  for stateroom  and  0  for guests.  But I did click  "2 "guests.

Will not allow me to continue.  Happens with Firefox browser as well as IE....so not browser related.   Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

You may even get a better price if you call a PCC and tell them what you want.  We always call our PCC and the cabin we get is usually a bit less than that posted.  We usually forgo the sale that's taking place as some of the items that are 'free' aren't things we would use.  

24 minutes ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

Specific problem keeps coming up when trying to book online.  I do not use a TA and just like booking myself.

I do not sign in but like many I am sure, look over cruises, itineraries, pricing to get an idea of a cruise.

So when I find a cruise I like  and go to the intinerary and click on  "Book Now", and then select 2 guests and

click "Continue"...I get the error message  in  red :  !  Something went wrong. Please try again.

On the top page it states ;The cruise; the dates, but also lists 0  for stateroom  and  0  for guests.  But I did click  "2 "guests.

Will not allow me to continue.  Happens with Firefox browser as well as IE....so not browser related.   Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

That happened to me for 2 days in a row-I clicked on their “give feedback” and told them.  It has to be their website issue again.

I saw this last week but it worked on, I think, the fourth try.

Incidentally, the web site quoted me lower prices when I was not signed in than when I was.

Royal Caribbean had a different problem during the Black Friday sale: web site could not accept any payments. It wasn't practical for me to telephone then so I booked through an online travel agency.

Edited by kochleffel

10 hours ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

I've been getting the same message for the last week.  So frustrating.  

4 hours ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

Crew news....does your HAL PCC allow to to chose a specific stateroom? I have always booked online myself as I can choose the specific room I want....not just the category. Seems like that is no longer possible.

I sent my HAL PCC my choices last night and today she sent me one of my five choices on a new booking.  It really helps if you have Future Cruise Deposits in your HAL Bank (have to purchase them while onboard a cruise) and it give you $100 On Board Credit.

If the HAL website is working:  Choose your cruise, click on "Book Now", click on "Change Stateroom", and click on "You Select Your Stateroom".  Click on the location, click on deck, a stateroom number will be chosen for you, change the stateroom number to the one you wish, and see if it is available.

Edited by Crew News