Escape TA Spring 2020?

JamieLogical

Anyone know what's going on with the Escape in spring of 2020? The last cruise out of Miami is listed as April 11-18 and then it is sailing in the Baltic starting May 29th. I'd be interested in maybe doing the repositioning TA if there is going to be one, but I don't see anything listed yet.

13 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

My Googling didn't turn up any news of a planned dry dock for the Escape for this Spring.

Breakaway was last year after TA in dry dock in Europe, Getaway is going this year into dry dock after TA and Escape will next year i think. nothing official now but looks like the same as the others. TA will be start after the last listed cruise ( or another one )an then dry dock early may i think, we will see.

Edited by Steff79

1 minute ago, Steff79 said:

Breakaway was last year after TA in dry dock in Europe, Getaway is going this year into dry dock after TA and Escape will next year i think. nothing official now but looks like the same as the others. TA will be start after the last listed cruise an then dry dock early may i think.

Okay, that makes sense. Probably won't be any news about it for a while then.

2 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Escape has 6 weeks open in the schedule both before and after the Baltic itineraries, so the dry dock could happen on either end of the season.  I'd lean more towards a fall dry dock because it was originally a fall delivery.

Any speculation as to what they will do with those open dates in the Spring then?

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Any speculation as to what they will do with those open dates in the Spring then?

They could do something with Norway, Iceland, or the British Isles similar to what Getaway is doing this year.  The northern itineraries are always some of the last ones to come out (this year's weren't out until last May).

• 2 weeks later...

may, 3rd Civitavecchia ( Rom ) to Southampton May, 15th, 2020

is now online and then a 14 days cruise from Southampton to Kopenhagen with western Europe and Baltics.

But still no TA online.

Last year the Breakaway was in Brest in dry dock ( i think ), is NCL now going into dry dock in Italy? why should Escape sail out of italy? Only can imagine dry dock there.

Edited by Steff79

4 hours ago, Steff79 said:

may, 3rd Civitavecchia ( Rom ) to Southampton May, 15th, 2020

is now online and then a 14 days cruise from Southampton to Kopenhagen with western Europe and Baltics.

But still no TA online.

Last year the Breakaway was in Brest in dry dock ( i think ), is NCL now going into dry dock in Italy? why should Escape sail out of italy? Only can imagine dry dock there.

There's not enough time to do the dry dock in the spring given this schedule.  It'll be done in the fall after the Baltic itineraries wrap up.  Expect a 15 day Miami to Rome TA departing on April 18.  They must figure this is more marketable than one that goes direct to Southampton or Copenhagen.

there are no Escape cruises online for April 2020 at the moment ( maybe they change some cruises? ), i don´t think they are all sold out. so we don´t know when the TA will be. But dry dock in fall after the Baltics is possible too. then it will be like you wrote.

This is a tough puzzle about the Escape, my favorite ship (so far).  It makes some sense that she will do the TA from Miami to Rome on April 18 (after adding on a couple more 7-day Caribbean cruises - - April 4 and 11).  However, the Epic is sailing out of Miami on April 18 for her TA to Barcelona, and then going on to Rome.  Seems it would be a tough sell of that many cabins on two mega ships on similar routes on similar dates. 

So based on what we know now about the Escape being scheduled to depart on May 3 for a cruise of the Rivieras FROM Rome to Southampton, maybe the reverse will also happen.  This would mean the TA departing Miami on April 4 (last scheduled Caribbean date now) and going to Southampton.  Then another cruise from Southampton of the Rivieras TO Rome.

In this scenario, drydock would be in the Fall after the Baltics.  Well it's fun to guess what the planners at NCL will decide, but they'll have to decide soon since not much more than a year away.

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

the TA is now online. From NY to "Rome". The "Rome" to Southampton starts then direct after, so no dry dock in spring.

Wonder why they are gooing to "Rome" but OK.

Yay! Thank you so much for finding this!